Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Caity Weaver's 14-Hour Search for the End of TGI Friday's Endless Appetizers

DJ Byrnes's picture
July 18, 2014 at 10:17am
10 Comments

If you enjoy humor, appetizers, chain restaurants, good writing or any combination thereof, then you should probably read Caity Weaver's struggle with endless cheesesticks at an NYC TGI Friday's.

[Link]

The day after "Endless Appetizers" was announced, I went to TGI Friday's in the Brooklyn neighborhood of Sheepshead Bay. I wanted to challenge the hubris of a company co-opting the infinite for a marketing gimmick. I wanted to demand accountability from copywriters.

I wanted to call their bluff and eat appetizers until they kicked me out, to seek the limit of this supposedly limitless publicity stunt.

I soon learned the limit does not exist.

Seattle Linga's picture

I think Joey Chestnut needs to pay TGIF's a visit

jedkat's picture

Caity picked the absolute worst item to try and go all in on...shoulda gone with the chicken.

"I was tired of trying to work my way around the back, so I just ran him over"

~ Joey Bosa

buck i's picture

Seven orders in 14 hours is pretty weak though.

+2 HS
sharks's picture

Everything at those type of restaurants looks and smells great, but tastes not as great. Very enjoyable link, thanks.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

tussey's picture

Dang it DJ, I just wasted like 45 min reading that ridiculous article.  Crazy that she did that.

grantmeaname's picture

I'm amazed that the article is that long. Funny, tho.

jeremytwoface's picture

Oh man... I'm going to have to try this out.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

Groveport Heisman's picture

I think their cheese sticks get gross after the second stick. Would have done the chicken or loaded potato skins or anything else on the damn menu.She is a brave little soul. Hope her boss gave her the 5 days off she deserves it.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Bluke221's picture

"Statistics are like bikinis....they reveal a lot but not everything" -- Lou Pinella

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs