Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Miami Players Arrested For Sexual Battery

305Buck's picture
July 8, 2014 at 12:41pm
28 Comments
305Buck's picture
+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

It's sad what some people in this world do.

+6 HS
305Buck's picture
+1 HS
Zaphod Beeblebrox's picture

What the hell is wrong with some people?

+1 HS
BuckToAsT's picture

Seriously! Did they think they were at Florida State?

+2 HS
Oakland Buckeye's picture

Not an SFU apologist - but there is no comparison between the thuggery at the 2 schools.

OSUStu's picture

That is some sickening shit.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+2 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

Sprinkle thanks both of them for doing something even worst than what he did!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

-2 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

At least they didn't get free tattoos.

LEBRON

+15 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

It is embarrassing that free tattoos covered our magazines, tv screens and websites for 3-5 months, but stories such as this come and go within a few days.

Heck, looking at Miami by itself, the Shapiro stories deserved their own Blue Chips-style movie. I still cant get over how the media didnt crush Miami on the boosters paying for abortions for pregnant strippers.

+9 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Friend of mine who knows Sprinkle says that there is absolutely no way he had coke on him, that it absolutely belonged to whoever the other person in the cop car was.

Not saying that he made a good choice, getting into a bar fight, but people get in bar fights all the time. Call me crazy, but I don't really think it's as big of a deal as everyone else does.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

-4 HS
Oakland Buckeye's picture

I have never - nor do I know anyone who has EVER been in a bar fight....

+1 HS
hardkorethree's picture

He's being charged with possession of cocaine, rioting, and failure to disperse.. He apparently was warned to leave the area by cops, but decided to get into another altercation in the process.  I've known some people who I didn't think would be wrapped up into drugs that have been, so I take that with a grain of salt.  The drugs could possibly not be his, and he may not have been using, but I would not take these charges lightly, considering the police have stated they did a search of the car after the 1st arrest.. I think this is a BIG DEAL for everyone involved.  This is also not the type of publicity I would want surrounding my team either.

RickKaneWasHere's picture

Amen, Hard!

TheBadOwl: please feel free to get your head examined :)

Can you put the past away?

-2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Out of all the bars an underage person could go to, why would you go to the one bar that look like coke is sold from the restroom?

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

sidz-z's picture

They probably have a future at FSU, those things kinda get overlooked there.

Good player's make the play's they're suppose to, great player's make the play's they're NOT !!!

BroJim's picture

Heartbreaking. My prayers to the young woman. 

I season my simple food with hunger

+7 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Whoa.  They do not need to be participating in society...and soon wont be for quite a while.

+6 HS
DudeNick4's picture

When I read "Miami" I read it as Miami(OH) and instantly thought of Roethlisburger.

Sad situation though in all seriousness.

-4 HS
BuckeyeOfTheTiger's picture

Every time I saw UM in the tweets I thought it was talking about _ichigan

+1 HS
hit_the_couch's picture

If they can avoid jail time, SEC schools are already clearing roster space/ schollies for them.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+4 HS
KB3RG's picture

very sad that this had to happen.

I will point out that the event happened on Saturday of this past weekend of 2014 and pretty much locked down on Tuesday...of the same year...Glad that the players are already dismissed from the team. 

TheShookster's picture

Clearly these players didn't read the Official Eleven Warriors Guide to Not Getting Arrested

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Are those C's or D's? And do they come in Lithium.  

- Oh, shoulda read more first.

( preventative rejoinder:  no, I do not condone this behavior)

Go Bucks!

sox33osu's picture

The only difference between what they did and what Jeremy Hill did was alcohol. He got to stay on LSU's team... after also cowardly sucker-punching a guy in a separate incident. Clearly they chose the wrong school.

Stuff like this is disgusting, and I give Miami all the credit in the world for doing the right thing immediately. I hope these two get the maximum allowable by law.

Seattle Linga's picture

So sad for the 17 year old girl getting drugged - what a nightmare for her and her parents.

+1 HS