Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Comfest

osu07asu10's picture
June 26, 2014 at 5:05pm
34 Comments

Any dubbers in the Columbus area planning on going down to Comfest? I own a home on Goodale Park but recently sold it so this is my last Comfest living right on/in it.

Tents/stages/road blocks are all in place. It starts tomorrow at 11:00am and runs through Sunday night at 8:00pm.

I highly recommend taking it in if you live in Columbus. A celebration of the community in an awesome location. Never a bad time when you get to drink in public!

buckeyedexter's picture

I go every year.  I like to walk my dog at Goodale park, so during comfest I can do it with a beer in my hand :P

+5 HS
BuckeyeKing02's picture

I'll be there for some portion of it.  Taking the CBus up from German Village.  Always a good time, especially when the right people choose to paint their skin and share it with all of us.  :)

+1 HS
One Bad Buckeye's picture

What exactly is the policy on exposed boobies for this event?  Not being a perve....genuinely curious.  My wife and I are thinking of going this weekend as her Brother and Sister-In-Law will be in town from NYC.....we want to be able to give fair warning as to what's to be expected so they can be prepared and not be too uncomfortable.     

On a scale from "Occasional boob" to "Boob Galore"....what would you say is the expected painted boobage?

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+3 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Hahaha I would say the expected boobage is more "oh there's a boob" than anything else. You may see a handful of them. Also not usually the greatest sets either

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+6 HS
d1145fresh's picture

"Oh there's a boob" is the perfect description of comfest. 

+7 HS
OSUStu's picture

Or maybe even more than a handful.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

BassDropper's picture

Boobs are awesome.

DIRECTIONER

+3 HS
CarolinaBuck's picture

Count me as in favor of boobs

Buckeyeneer's picture

Usually, when it comes to painted boobs at Comfest, my thoughts go something like this, "Is that a chick? It must be. Their chest is painted." Only once or twice the past few times I went has my reaction been, "Nice."

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes
THE Ohio State University

+3 HS
Taspra's picture

My son is working Comfest. He's a pedicab guy (working thru college) his report so far on the topless girls are "no, none you actually want to see." Lol

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

That's because he's only on the outskirts of the park. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the quality of girls down there last night!

Seattle Linga's picture

TASPRA - kinda like you want to say - Nothing to see here - move it along

Taspra's picture

On a less than pleasant note, he got his car stolen while he was at work. It was stolen from Victorian village. The car was less than a year old but it's not like it was a high end vehicle. It's a Kia Soul for Gods sake!

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

This weekend? They store all the pedicabs (or a lot of them) in a garage off of Hunter Avenue, right near my house. That is very surprising.

Sorry to hear that.

+1 HS
Taspra's picture

Yes, he told me he was parked on 2nd and Dennison if I remember correctly. He called the city to make sure it wasn't towed but they did not. I was surprised as well everything I hear is that is a good area.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

My wife's car was "broken into" (it was unlocked) right off of Dennison on the park. They didn't take anything that we can tell but everything was strewn about the car.

I guess it happens everywhere though, it isn't neighborhood specific.

Seattle Linga's picture

What happens in someone else's car ---- stays in someone else's car.

Sorry bout your car dude

Go1Bucks's picture

Topless is legal in Columbus.

Go Bucks!

UFest57's picture

I believe topless is legal in Ohio

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

My roommate is playing Comfest.  MojoFlo.

6pm Saturday and again at 10pm at Brothers Drake

9pm Sunday @ Park Street

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
BlockO's picture

I am thinking about going! This is my first year in Columbus so I want to take in all that I can. What is the idea behind this festival or whatever it is?

"faith seeking understanding” (fides quaerens intellectum)

+1 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Was originally a Hempfest, but had to change name due to the stigma.Then it has sorta been co opted to include the whole community of Columbus, hence ComFest 

Go Bucks!

Buckeyeneer's picture

Is this different than the Hempfest at OSU?

osu07asu10's picture

Was originally Hempfest, but had to change name due to the stigma.Then it has sorta been co opted to include the whole community of Columbus, hence ComFest

Not so fast my friend...

Go1Bucks's picture

It was the '70s, it was a local party that grew.  It may have been rebranded over the years, but it was a PARTY when it started.

Go Bucks!

osu07asu10's picture

Yep you are right, it did start as a "block" party on 16th ave back in the 70s and the goal was a celebration of alternatives in food, media, health care, and housing.

As it grew in popularity it moved down to Goodale Park and now represents a certain political agenda. However, at the end of the day it is still just a PARTY where people go to enjoy others, get drunk in a public park, and smoke as many j's as you please.

JasonR's picture

Definitely go, it's an experience that everyone in Columbus should have at least once.

AndyVance's picture

I can't remember much of my last Comfest... Wait, yes I can.

Oh dear. Did I really do that? Yikes.

+1 HS
Curt Heinrichs's picture

Was this the initial "I just saw Andy Vance half-naked" or am I mistaken? 

AndyVance's picture

Alas no, nothing that, er, adventurous. Just the consumption of gratuitous quantities of adult beverages and one embarrassing story my best friend enjoys reliving when we get together.

Mr. Bungle's picture

My band is playing the Offramp stage tomorrow (Friday) at 6:30 PM.  Band: Zuck's Turkey Farm, twisted, fast funk/punk.  I play drums.  Hope to see some of the 11W's!

+3 HS
Mark's picture

Hey, I'm friends with John.  Tell him Frosty said 'hello'.  Leaving on vacation or otherwise, I'd be there.

Check these guys out!

Buckeyeneer's picture

I used to go every year but I have missed the last two years due to having small children. I may have to go this year.

+2 HS
JasonR's picture

I usually take my kids on Saturday morning. Around 11AM on the offramp stage there is a kids band called The Shazzbots that plays. My oldest daughter loves it!

I will probably go tonight as well...Lo-Pan is playing at 10.

+2 HS