Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Craziest names in college football

Max Power's picture
June 21, 2014 at 8:44pm
66 Comments

Time for a little fun. There's a ton of crazy names out there in our favorite sport. Some guys are named James. Other guys are called Equanimeous. Who has the most unique, funny or craziest name in college football? I don't know very many so I am interested to see what you guys can come up with. If you are able please include the team for which they play. One of my favorites is Munchie Legeaux from Cincinnati. Who ya got?

Seattle Linga's picture

Chris Smelly former South Carolina QB

HA HA Clinton-Dix former bama now with the Packers

+1 HS
sharks's picture

His brother Brad played TE at Bama, then for the Browns.  Not sure if he's still around...

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Ha-Ha was a nickname though.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

Seattle Linga's picture

Fair Hooker WR ASU

+8 HS
ITWASME's picture

That one is just a WTF to the parents

+3 HS
OSUStu's picture

Indeed. At least go with something like "Better Than Average Hooker."

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

I was always fond of the name Storm Klein. Just sounded like someone born to be a linebacker.

+3 HS
kb1's picture

Great linebacker name. Too bad he sucked.

+2 HS
Buck Commander's picture

From Delray Beach Florida American Heritage H.S.............LUCIOUS PUSEY

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+10 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

Too much gin and refer was involved in that naming process.

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I hope he makes it big, just so I can hear Brent Musburger say his name. No doubt this kid is SEC bound.

johnblairgobucks's picture

Dont think the time when Dingle and Berry played DL for West Virginia can be topped.

+6 HS
OSUStu's picture

This used to be my avatar for fantasy football until a few years ago when Yahoo decided it violated their terms of service.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+7 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Can't forget old HEATH COCKBURN, LOUIS LIPPS AND TACO CHARLTON!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+1 HS
One Bad Buckeye's picture

Jackmerius Tacktheritrix - Michigan State University; Hingle McCringleberry - Penn State University; and D'Glester Hardunkichud - University of Wisconsin.   

Funny College Football Names

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+9 HS
hobochops987's picture

Jammie Jammie-Jammie, Heisman Winner, The Ohio State University.

Trust in UFM

+7 HS
bigtenspeed's picture
+11 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Bert.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

Laquivionte Gonzalez at Texas A&M.  Goes by "Quiv".

cajunbuckeye's picture

edit

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

cajunbuckeye's picture

Didn't really take the time to read the OP. Stoneburner, Stonebreaker, etc,, are some of my favorite football names.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+2 HS
sharks's picture

My all time favorite is Craphonso Thorpe, who played WR at Free Shoes U, then with the Colts.  Some lady actually named her kid 'Crap'.  His middle name must have been terrible,  or he doesn't have one.

This year is Equanimeous St. Brown (as alluded to in the opening post).  that's an all around awful name.  The fact that it stranger than most of the Key & Peele names is telling.  Go by 'Eric', or something,  Chief.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

Does anyone remember this? Gets me every time.

Edit: JohnBlair posted a reference above. 

I season my simple food with hunger

+6 HS
OSUStu's picture

Oops.  And I reposted it above.  Sorry.

bigtenspeed's picture

Announcers used to screw up and say "San Antonio" Holmes all the time. Especially the ESPN Plus announcers.

+6 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

Cap Boso-Tecmo Bowl legend

+1 HS
Xenia_Buckeye's picture

Hingle McCringleberry - FTW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

Sorry guys dupe post...see above. Gotta start reading ALL of the posts before I do...lol.

GulfCoastBuck's picture
Razorbacks finest, may explain why Bert went to Fayatteville

Oyster's picture

Not football, but I always liked the baseball player MiIton Bradley.  That guy was a true gamer...

+7 HS
Gametime's picture

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+5 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I can't help it. I just like saying "Speedy Noil." Speedy Noil. That's fun. And Jammie Jammie-Jammie from TOSU and Heisman candidate.

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

I always liked Dee Liner, a Bama recruit a couple years ago. Best part is that he is a defensive lineman. 

+1 HS
Rocket Man's picture

Not football, but in the 90s the Reds had an outfield of Young, Frank and Stynes  -- Dmitri Young in left, Mike Frank in center and Chris Stynes in right.

Never put off 'til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

Mel Brooks approves.

+2 HS
luckynutz's picture

Thanks for reminding me how depressing it was to be a Reds fan in the 90S. ..

+3 HS
Rocket Man's picture

It was definitely referred to as the Mel Brooks outfield on occasion . . . and we Cincinnati sports fans know suffering nearly as well as our brethren from Cleveland.

Never put off 'til tomorrow what you can put off indefinitely.

+1 HS
dcbucks's picture

Former Alabama player and cocaine dealer Jimmy Johns. 

And of course Eastern Michigan freshman Lion King Conaway. 

+2 HS
luckynutz's picture

Wonder if thats the guy who started Jimmy Johns. Would be a solid explanation for the freaky fast delivery...

+2 HS
MacG91's picture

Former ECU player I think.. His name is Punky Perkins. 

Mac..yeah

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

Always really liked the names Champ Bailey, Ty Law (regardless of the two places he played) and Takeo Spikes.

+1 HS
SGTREDLEG's picture

Don't forget Boss Bailey

SGTREDLEG

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture
Always felt kind of bad for this guy...

+6 HS
OSUStu's picture

There is also William Gay that now plays for the Steelers.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

Ben Gay had a cup of coffee with the Browns.

Italics are for emphasis.

-1 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

This is not really related to the original post.

But I was on my way to the Horseshoe for a game and had left the GPS on so my 6 year old nephew could play navigator.

The GPS unit actually told us to make a left onto "Old and Tangy" Boulevard.

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+2 HS
BlockO's picture

Frank Epitropoulos

"faith seeking understanding” (fides quaerens intellectum)

+1 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Coco Crisp and R.A.DICKEY

+1 HS
You can't spell chump without UM's picture

TJ Whosyourmamma

Brady Hoke ate my comment

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Kenny Roda used to call him that on 850 AM sports talk  

SGTREDLEG's picture

Not college football,  World B Free for the Cavs.

SGTREDLEG

cplunk's picture

Not football, but many years back GWU had a basketball player named SirValiant Brown. About two years ago a guy I worked with turned out to have grown up with "Val" and told me his brother was "Lance", real name....SirLancelot Brown.

The Butler's picture

Chris Blewitt a PK at Pitt

I've trained Canaries in the sport of falconry.

jamesrbrown322's picture

You know what would have made even less sense on the back of his jersey?

His real last name - SMART.

+1 HS
CC's picture

Cincy qb - Munchie Legaeux

+1 HS
CC's picture

Bad ass name - Joey Bosa

1MechEng's picture

Not a football player, but God Shammgod, a PG on the basketball team from LaSalle University is pretty interesting.

Also liked Dick Trickle, the race car driver.

But, if we are limiting it to college football, I'll go with Jake Butt, Tight End, UofM. Too much hilarity in the name and position.

+1 HS
e135800's picture

Missouri db from 90's  Harry Colon

+1 HS
mr.green's picture

Wave Ryder was a senior for Navy last year. Great name. Believe he was from Hawaii. 

+3 HS
KB3RG's picture

Frostee Rucker played at USC

BooBoo Gates  Bowling Green State University 

Chongo Kondolo - Nebraska 

Hugs Etienne - Wisconsin 

jamesrbrown322's picture

Sosa Jamabo is a recruit for class of 2015. Messiah DeWeaver also is pretty good. That's pretty good. I was always partial to Chubb Small.

Dee Liner, who plays D Line for Bama is too perfect. How about Robert Godhigh from GTech?

How about this one - Wonderful Terrific Monds. Seriously. How about Xavier Archangel just for a bonus. He's pretty conflicted.

hit_the_couch's picture

Jeff Smoker- MSU

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

MeyerMattaScarletHeroes's picture

Not a CFB name, but an unforgettable CBB name...

Dickey Nutt.

http://gosoutheast.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/nutt_dickey00.html

Kinda crazy...two brothers coaching college...but in different sports.

(Houston Nutt's little bro)

Groveport Heisman's picture

The Browns had a LBer in the 70's named Harry Cox, heard he was a take no prisoners get right up in your shit type of dude.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.