Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Soldiers Dog Sold by Ex GF while Currently Deployed in Afghanistan

OrangeDot3083's picture
June 17, 2014 at 10:07pm
44 Comments
FloridaBuck's picture

What the F is wrong with these people?  Give the dog back to its rightful owner. 

+6 HS
bedheadjc's picture

And use the situation to teach the kids a hard lesson, in a positive manner, about what's right vs. what you want.

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Bitch Ex.  She needs flogged in public.

+1 HS
Woodysghost's picture

I went to middle school and high school with him. Really nice guy all around. Hopefully that family finally comes around. Also, talk about a psyco ex gf

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

This might help in the future

+8 HS
hodge's picture

Holy shit, I think we went to high school together.  I was a year ahead of him, but knew him pretty well myself.

+1 HS
Woodysghost's picture

Is your first name Michael? 

buckeyestu's picture

I can not imagine being without my boxer pup, my best friend, this poor guy, hope he gets his dog, his buddy back.

+4 HS
osu07asu10's picture

As the proud owner of two great Shiba Inus (Scarlet and Archie Griffin),...this troubles me dearly! Shibas are super loyal and will want to be with his owner!

I would cut someone if they took my dogs from me!

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+17 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

That top one is just chillin

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Passed out after a football Saturday on campus. It was her "freshman" year...

+4 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

The top picture describes me after the MSU game.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

She goes hard on game day...

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

She also (to my knowledge) is the only dog to have scored a "two point conversion" on the recently disposed of field turf...

+6 HS
OSUStu's picture

This story makes my Shiba wistful.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+4 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Stu! That is awesome, what a good looking shiba.  Mine are 7 and 5, have had both since they were puppies.

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

Thank you!  Your guys are very handsome as well.  My boy will just be turning 1 on June 30th.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+1 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Makes my blood boil. To refuse to give the dog back to a regular person? Awful. To a true American hero deployed in the middle east? Unbelievable.

rbesr's picture

Have a Shiba and a Kai Ken here for the past ten years. Both breeds are great.

+1 HS
2002osubuck's picture

The family that bought are shameless if they don't return the dog. He'd win in court because the GF didn't own the dog and have the authority to sell it. She'll hopefully get charged with the sale of stolen property and see a courtroom herself.

+3 HS
1967Buck's picture

I know of some TV stations that would love to get their hands on this.

OrangeDot3083's picture

I’ve deployed with the USAF 7 times and one of the things you do before you deploy is your pre deployment check list and you stop by the legal office for a Power of Attorney, you know in case bad things happen or you need someone to pay your bills.  There are two main types a specific which spells out specific things that someone can do in your absence.  Then a General Power of Attorney which basically allows someone complete control of your life.  I just HOPE that he didn’t go with a General power of Attorney or he’s screwed, better yet is he didn’t give her one at all.

Again all this is just speculation but I’ve seen stuff like this happen before.

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

You are 100% correct.  I would say that all of us who have deployed know a horror story or two.  It makes you very cautious on who you trust with your life back home.  I know a soldier who lost her daughter while deployed to her ex.  It was all legal due to the power of attorney that was signed.  The ex even received child support from her, which was the true reason why he "wanted" his daughter if the truth were to be told.

Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Mary Jane Rottencrotch strikes again.

+4 HS
BuckeyeinSavannah's picture

We were always told it was Susie

Oyster's picture

They are interchangeable.  Mary Jane is from Full Metal Jacket.

+5 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

she Can't Understand Normal Thinking!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
Grande Gustavo's picture

I'm gonna head on over to 4chan and see if my more morally grey friends over there have seen this.  If they haven't believe me, they will relish in making that woman's life miserable.

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

+1 HS
1967Buck's picture

Keep us posted on what they say about this Grande.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

4chan has the habit of taking things too far.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

KBonay's picture

Ask Jen Bielema about #Karma.......

+3 HS
DannyBeane's picture

It doesn't matter if the kids are attached to the dog, you aren't doing your job as a parent on teaching them about right and wrong and moral responsibility if you don't give the dog to its rightful owner. What if the kids bikes were stolen and the thief sold them  to some other kids? The parents would be upset if they didn't get their bikes back right?

+3 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Damnit, orangedot. DAMNIT!!! This story pisses me off. I am just going to stop there so I do not say something that I will regret. This is just plain wrong.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

BroJim's picture

What is wrong with people? Give the dog back to the family.

I season my simple food with hunger

sharks's picture

Saw an article that said the facebook page has been taken down because they're working on a deal with the family, so maybe good news.  

If it falls through,  I'd just publish their names/address online and let the internet sort it out. 

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

hodge's picture

Yeah, the most fucked up thing about it is what I read yesterday:

"The Facebook page, "Help Bring Baxter Home 2014" has over 2,000 likes in just a few days. It's helped raise over $700 in reward money, which Robby is willing to double. The family has been offered $14,000, and the Colorado Shiba Inu rescue has even stepped in, offering to help them find a new dog."

...Facebook organizers say they've found an attorney who is willing to help the family stay anonymous and facilitate the transaction, reward money in exchange for Baxter.

Look, I understand the bonds that pets build with people (I can't imagine what I'd do without my pain-in-the-ass Coonhound) -- especially children -- but this is a pretty cut-and-dry scenario regarding morality: it sucks losing your dog, but it's the right goddamn thing to do.  And now, because these folks couldn't do the right thing initially, they're going to make over $15000 (reward money + the $14000 payment) because they hesitated.  

That's one hustle that I can't respect.

+4 HS
osu07asu10's picture

it's the right goddamn thing to do

+3 HS
Seabass1974's picture

This sounds closer to extortion rather than reward money and my God I hope that's a typo of $14k but I never worry because Karma really does exist.

The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender. - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Seabass1974's picture

I learned early on in my military career to not have any possessions you cared about. It sucks but I went a long time with out an actual gf or other possessions that could be taken away. The life of a soldier it's such a love/hate rollercoaster relationship. It's the only reason I got out. I hope this guy gets his dog back and shame on that family for keeping it.

The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender. - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
1MechEng's picture

The article has been updated, and it looks like Baxter has been returned to his rightful owner.

hit_the_couch's picture

That sounds like something from a country music song. I'm not an animal lover, but glad to see he got his dog back.

I was deployed twice for a total of 27 months; I have seen/ heard of women do things far worse than this to their BF or husband. Off the top of my head, a guy in 1-7 Cav told us that his wife's grandma introduced her to a man at church and she ended up leaving him and eventually marrying the guy. The chemical NCO in my unit went home on leave, got married to a chick he had been dating for a bit (most of us didn't care for her), came back and about a month later she filed for divorce and cleaned out his bank account of about 20K. He probably shouldn't have gotten married, but it was still f-ed up to do that.

I swore i'd stay away marriage, things of value etc. during my time as 11B and 13M, especially when hearing/ seeing stories like these; couple that with often ridiculous amounts of field time and harsh deployments, and it makes things tough often tougher than they should be.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I also stayed single (well, out of relationship status) when I was in the Navy. Had a guy receive a videotape in the middle of a Med cruise, f'n brutal. Heard of a couple of Dear John letters, had another kid (from Ohio, at that) get married to his hs girlfriend after boot. Wanted to move her down to Norfolk after he was assigned to the fleet, she dropped him cold.

I could have seen a career in the military, but I don't think I could've gotten married. Actually, no way I would have.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
airbuckeye's picture

If im the family i would still but that Bitch's name out there along with that family for everyone to see and maybe one or more of the NETWORKS picks it up and runs with. That would be true karma for those low life sum scuking people.

That young man is in a damn war zone where you hvae to have you mind %100 on your job or you could and up dead thinking about shit like this back home.