Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Buck-I-Guy

jeremytwoface's picture
March 22, 2014 at 12:27pm
58 Comments

Me and my wife are at COSI and I just saw Buck-I-Guy walking around in full Buckeye cowboy garb... Does he just wear that stuff everywhere??

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Did he ask COSI to pay him for showing up? XC

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+22 HS
SilverState's picture

Lol.

I'd pay him to not show up.

+14 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

I'm sure he did... I wanted to be like "you know there aren't any tv cameras here right?"

We also saw that homeless guy with the "golden voice"... I forget his name. He just randomly came up to the crowd that was waiting to get tickets and said "ladies and gentlemen, don't forget to watch Family Guy tonight at 7" and then walked away. I think he was cracked out or something (or is just starving for attention).

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+8 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Ted Williams is his name

+4 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Ah yes.. Him.

Thanks.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Ted Williams - man that's cold!

+7 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Damn, you got that joke in a "head" of me.

Go Bucks!

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

You are the one I was concerned about beating you with that comment. If I didn't say it I knew you would!!!!!!!!!

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Touché my friend.  lol

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

He apparently does not realize and/or know that we lost to Dayton...
Thats so Buck-I-Guy of him, to dress up for the game, only to find out from an 8 year old at COSI that we arent playing today.

+12 HS
route4buckeye's picture

He once gave my cousin an autographed picture of himself lol. He's so full of himself.

+11 HS
BassDropper's picture

Me too lol. I've told this story on here before....but about 2 years ago I was at Raising Canes by campus on a random ass Tuesday in June and this guy shows up in his Buckeye car with his full costume on and ask me if I wanted his autograph. I said no and laughed. He said "Don't you know who I am son?" I hysterically laughed in his face and called him an embarrassment. 

Oh and judging by the down votes on every post, it looks like the 3 nuts are roaming this thread. 

DIRECTIONER

+19 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Im just hoping he doesnt have kids because of the embarrassment they would go thru having daddy dress up like a Buckeye cowboy to take them on a Saturday trip to COSI. Forget mommy and daddy doing heroin or meth this is the type of thing child protective services needs to be focusing on.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+8 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

The Captain Buckeye super fan guy is miles better than BuckIGuy or The Nut.

+6 HS
buckibri's picture

Yea, but he always gets great seats to the games.

Too funny.

+6 HS
MacG91's picture

Hey must have an account on here, because someone went through down voting every comment. What a loser. 

Mac..yeah

+11 HS
BassDropper's picture

It's either him or that idiot that has been trying to force us to watch his documentary on "true" Ohio State fans

DIRECTIONER

+13 HS
teddyballgame's picture

serial downvoter on the lose

+5 HS
Oyster's picture

That's why I'm staying away from this thread.

+6 HS
dlb72osu's picture

Every game! Those three goof-dicks show up to embarrass the fan base for tOSU. Every damn game...home, away, bowl! They have way too much time and money! And the tv cameras eat that shit up.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- Invictus

+8 HS
The Butler's picture

A college kid would be one thing...but these guys are old men. I understand their love of the university, but they push it just a little too far.

I've trained Canaries in the sport of falconry.

+4 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Said it here before, I understand the "superfans" can do/have done some positive things for the Ohio State community.

But sure seems to me they like being the center of attention. I think I root just as much for the Buckeyes without the need to be on-camera...but that's me.

Countering the downer - feel free to offer another opinion if you care.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+8 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Exactly...

Going to games in full costume to get attention is one thing, but going to COSI in your outfit just seems dumb. Like he's screaming for attention now that he can't get on TV at basketball and football games.

+5 HS
Bolt's picture

You can do great things for the community/university and be a hardcore fan without dressing like a clown. The clown suit is the attention seeking, camera whore, sad and embarrassing side of it. A true hardcore fan doesn't need makeup to validate him/herself. It's one thing for a college kid to do it for fun...it's another thing for these grown old men to do it because they have some insatiable need to make it on tv for 4 seconds at a time for some reason.

+3 HS
Ericgobucks's picture

I definitely do not care for Buck-I-guy. I have heard enough stories about this self-absorbed ass that I hope I never meet him. Call me crazy, but I think we all love Ohio State, but we don't all dress up like clowns and beg to be on national TV every week. It reeks of desperation.

Oh and to the serial Downvoter...hammer away. None of us are changing our minds about these kooks.  

+4 HS
Grande Gustavo's picture

He is passionate about the University and the team, I don't see why everyone is shitting on a fellow fan of our team in this forum. Y'all sound like a bunch of jaded old cynics.  We should be focusing on the real monsters in this world, like Communists, Nazis, people who don't acknowledge that Dick Vitale's voice gives you ear cancer, Hugh Jackman, people who don't shed a tear at movies like "The Pursuit of Happyness" or "Seven Pounds," people who wear socks with their sandals, girls with lower back tattoos, guys with neck tattoos, or self absorbed TTUN fans who insist blasphemous things like Stauskas being better than St. Aaron Craft.

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

or self absorbed TTUN fans who insist blasphemous things like Stauskas being better than St. Aaron Craft.

Fixed

Oyster's picture

He may be passionate, but he is an embarrassment.  Halloween is not 365 days a year.

+7 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Tell that to Michigan. They like to dress up and pretend they have a football team.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+7 HS
MordenoftheSith's picture

Oyster definitely set that one up on a tee for you BvsW...

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

+1 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

He/they are passionate -- about being recognized in public, about getting their faces on camera, about attending as many games as possible from the best seats, about being the center of attention at every event.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+5 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Yup. I'd like them more if they were wearing that garb from 40 rows back. You know, the seats they actually paid for.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

I worked for the athletic department from 2005-2008, right about the time this knob was gaining in popularity. Some mid summer day this guy comes rolling up to the stadium like he owns the place with about 7-10 people. The gates are locked and he sees me walking out of an office and yells "Hey son (my pet peeve), come over and let us in the stadium for a few".

I go over to immediately recognize the giant tool who yelled at me (not in garb surprisingly), I informed him that the stadium was closed to visitors and that I wasn't allowed to let him in. Like he has done to so many others he asks, "Do you know who I am?" I responded, "I sure do, and like every other fan, you are not allowed in the stadium today"

His response was one of anger, "I know Don Patko (AD for Facilities) and I recommend you let me in before he fires your ass!"

I laughed at him and said, "I know Don Patko too and I recommend you call him to let your ass in the stadium because that's the only way you are getting in"

I never heard from Don...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+19 HS
Ericgobucks's picture

That's a great story. This guy seems to just roll around Columbus big-timing people everywhere he goes. I have never met this guy but in a few months on this site i've read about 10 stories exactly like this. There's no way that some vast conspiracy of people who do not know each other all have similar stories about this guy being a gigantic arrogant asshole. There's no excuse to ever act like this.  While I think the "super fans" are pretty obnoxious, at least Jon Peters is a kind, generous person that does reach out to kids and fans in a nice way (The Big Nut). 

+3 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

This is an awesome story.

Anyone (and I mean ANYONE) who says "Do you know who I am?" can go for a long walk on a short bridge.

+8 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Working for the athletic department was an insane experience and I would say that 90% of "famous" individuals whether it be former, current or future buckeyes, media, etc were all pretty good folks to deal with. Most weren't pompous or arrogant they just wanted to enjoy what they came to and if you treated them that way, they returned the favor. Here were my takeaways from it:

1.) JeremyTwoFace is spot on, anyone who has to say "Do you know who I am?" is A.) Not famous, B.) A massive tool

2.) Steven A. Smith is as big of a douchebag as he appears to be on TV. It isn't an act, he is really that way.

3.) Herbie (and I'm not bashing him at all!) has trouble with jokes...

+3 HS
DCBucki's picture

Great story and a true testimate to these "self centered" fans. I was home from leave in the Marine Corps back in 2006 and we were tailgating outside of the stadium. I was at a tailgate and the "Buck Nut" guy, or whatever his name is, walked up into a tailgate. A crowd had gathering around somebody else's TV to watch the end of a close game. "That team up north" was playing the Irish (at least I think it was them) and was losing. In the end, the Irish lost in the closing seconds. Of course we were all cheering for the Irish to beat "them", but after the game was over I said oh well, I'm glad they won b/c I want them to be undefeated when we crush their dreams in November. This idiot overheard me and said, "you're not a true fan if your cheering for "that team up North""! We starting arguing, and I ended up walking away b/c I was really close to getting into a fight with this clown in make-up and I didn't want to beat up and old man. Needless to say, I'm glad that the stories I've heard here validate his charector.

I have no problem with people that go over board dressing up for the games and so forth. Its a way for them to show their passion for their team... but some of these guys just do it for the attention. If you LOVED the team so much, you WOULD NOT miss a single second of the game to be posing for the camera and so forth. I've seen them paying no attention to the game at all for a long period of time. I don't know about you guys, but when I'm at the game, I barely sit down and I'm glued to the field!! Even during breaks in play, I'm watching the players, coaches, the cheerleaders, etc... I don't understand some people. How can you just walk around town on non-ame days in your "super-fan" attire???

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

+4 HS
Ericgobucks's picture

Was it the goofball in the white cowboy hat and cape? That's Buck-I-Guy. The Big Nut is a bald guy who paints his face and wears a big red block "O" jersey. 

+1 HS
sjOH1OSt's picture

I know one of his offspring. Went to HS together.  Needless to say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, but even the offspring isn't near as arrogant as the stories I've heard.  My hypothesis is these guys must envy Brutus, and not get the attention they feel they deserve in "real life" the way they walk around giving autographs, high five's and taking pictures with kids.  How is that enjoyable? I'd much rather fill my solo cup repeatedly with shi*ty beer and tailgate my butt off before every game.  All of that said, I could care less.  Be an arrogant fan, just don't call me "son" or "buddy", or try and associate with my people at my tailgate.  Cheers. 

"Baby Godfather"

Stoicpaisano's picture

Has anyone identified the "Cousin It" looking thing that has started showing up the last three years?

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Kinda makes you wonder if he has a handle in here and ever visits..........

+1 HS
Ericgobucks's picture

I can just about guarantee all of them are here. This site is free and has excellent content. That's a double headed serpent. 

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

Did I miss the memo?  WTF is up with 'Santa-Buckeye' sandwiched between with the two biggest Buckeye fans?

1MechEng's picture

I wonder if we can make a deal with the Grim Reaper or Charon or whomever ... and trade Buck-I-Guy for a reincarnated Neutron Man?

+1 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

Can we have someone dressed up as Iron Man KO this loser!

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Figure out where he's sitting Saturday. text Brutus to 69050.

Cardale Jones. Cardale Jones! CARDALE JONES!!

+14 HS
Oyster's picture

We have our winner!

MordenoftheSith's picture

Wow, so now I need to clean my monitor off.  It's been sprayed with root beer that was otherwise going into my stomach...

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

+2 HS
Earle's picture

Someone should make a movie about this guy.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

Pretty sure he already owns the rights!

jeremytwoface's picture

What ever happened to that thing??

Did it ever get released? Did anyone actually pay to see it?

Rob Reese's picture

For years I've been trying to reconcile in my mind what ...*a cowboy*....has to do with the university, the football team, the basketball team, or anything Ohio State.

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences

+1 HS
willshire58's picture

Everyone should text BRUTUS and report Buck-I-Guy at every game. 

+3 HS
osu07asu10's picture

THIS is brilliant!

KevinJ's picture

I've said it before and I'll say it again if these SuperFans Goofballs want to start impressing people they should start to carry a torch like this guy. AKA a real SuperFan

dubjayfootball90's picture

Looks like the perfect picture to summarize a bad day

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.