Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

11W Predicts the Future of Breakfast

Buckeyeneer's picture
February 25, 2014 at 12:47pm
16 Comments

From Friday's Skully

And allow me put you onto game of the true Waffle House power-move: two waffles with extra extra extra peanut butter chips; fold those things like a taco and eat them with your hands because THIS IS AMERICA.

From today's (Tuesday) Columbus Dispatch:   Waffle Tacos? Taco Bell joins breakfast war (having trouble linking things)

Is Taco Bell spying on us or is DJ clairvoyant?

DJ Byrnes's picture

I have been on this tip since the fall of 2011. Do I have a case for copyright infringement? I'm calling a lawyer right now.

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

buckeyeEddie27's picture

Peanut butter sandwich using toasted Eggos.   Cover said sandwich with syrup.  Microwave.  Enjoy.

Been on that shit since '94.

I know there's a game Saturday, and my ass will be there.

BucksfanXC's picture

I'm thinking the Taco Bell breakfast is gonna hinge on the quality of the hash browns and the sausage. Bacon, even fake, is still good. Taco Bell beef is terrible in a way that makes it delicious. Not sure if it's the seasoning or the other flavors/toppings masking it out or the expectations or what, but beef at TBell is perfect for what it is. If the sausage and hash browns are bad, the crunch wrap is gonna be bad, the burrito is gonna be bad. The waffle taco might be good even with bad sausage. The eggs, I already know what they will taste like, they will be fast food eggs and I'm fine with that in this context.

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

Earle's picture

I must say that I am nearly apoplectic that the Bell is not using chorizo (or at least a chorizo facsimile) for its sausage.  Yo no quiero.

Italics are for emphasis.

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

It is surprising that they didn't go with chorizo route. If you happen upon a Chipotle in an airport (BWI, for example), they serve a chorizo frittata breakfast burrito that is pretty amazing.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

That does sound splendid. I haven't been to an airport in the while, particularly early in the morning, so I'll have to keep an eye out for one when I fly out to Vegas at the end of May. I must try this.

Buckeyeneer's picture

The only down side is be prepare to wait in line twice as long as usual because everyone in line in front of you will lose their damn minds. "Whaaaaaa????? Something new on the menu. What is this? What's it taste like? What's it made out of? How many calories? I usually order the same thing every time I go to Chipotle but now there is a new option! I'm confused and scared! Hold me!"

+2 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Couple that with those who don't know what they're going to order. White rice or brown rice...not a life or death situation, lady!!!

+3 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

I'm not sure the logistics of fast food grade chorizo, but if Chiptole can do it, I'm sure Taco Bell could do it. Must not be cost effect enough for them. But I'd love it too, trust me. Thing about Taco Bell is, if you have an item at Taco Bell, you have to make it available for all the things you make. If they had chorizo, they'd have to have chorizo chalupas, gorditas, soft/hard tacos, etc. etc. Everyone orders special orders and combinations at TB

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

Earle's picture

Well, I think most of us would agree that ingredient quality at Chipotle far exceeds Taco Bell.  Not a criticism of TB, per se, it's a value play and TB knows its customer base.  But now I have a vision of a bubbling vat of fauxrizo behind the counter at Taco Bell, and I'll admit that the idea of a chorizo waffle taco is not quite so appealing as I originally had envisioned.

Italics are for emphasis.

Whoa Nellie's picture

Another downside is the lack of adequate ventilation in the airplane lavatory.

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

Squirrel Master's picture

They stole my double decker idea too. I would take a soft taco, open it up and put a crunchy taco inside of it. Pour some hot sauce on that bad boy.

now their double decker has a beef and bean taco but mine is both beef tacos.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

I worked at TB for two years while in high school and I always heard that the double decker taco was basically created because drunk and/or high people who came in late at night would always order that. I observed it ordered a couple of times before it became a real menu item.

Squirrel Master's picture

what are you trying to say?

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

So 'technically', they did not steal your idea.

May you R.I.P. Otsego, but know this. Gaylord Rocks!

Seattle Linga's picture

Someone's got the munchies................