Some Celebratory Notes Following the Win Over Michigan State
Courtesy of Ohio State:
- The win marks the first time Ohio State has defeated Michigan State twice in the same season when the Spartans are ranked in the Top 10 nationally.
- Ohio State is 21-9 all-time in the Big Ten Tournament.
- The Buckeyes have advanced to six of the last seven tournament finals (five consecutive) and have won 17 of their last 21 games in the tourney overall.
- Michigan State shot 40 percent for the game (20-50). The Buckeyes have held opposing teams under 50 percent shooting in 29 of 32 games.
- OSU owned a 15-6 advantage in bench points. The Buckeyes have a 587-379 edge over opposing benches in points scored this season.
- Matta owns the best Big Ten Tournament winning percentage (.783) and the second-most tournament wins (18) of any conference coach in history.
- Matta has compiled a record of 49-12 as a head coach in March, the fourth-best record by percentage (.803) among active coaches.
- With 16 points, Deshaun Thomas moved to No. 17 on the all-time scoring list at Ohio State (1,524 total points). He needs six points to pass Tony Campbell for 16th.
- Aaron Craft has totaled five or more assists in 17 games this season.
In 32 games played this season, Craft has recorded a steal in all but one game.