Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Don't Cry Because It's Over ... (Last Day At 11W)

0 HS
Griffin Strom's picture
July 31, 2023 at 8:00pm
40 Comments

At a family function many years ago, my grandma had me and her other grandchildren answer various prompts for some sort of time-capsule-like exercise. When my aunts cleaned out her condo after she passed away in 2021, they gave me that long-forgotten sheet of paper, which still bore my barely-legible handwriting.

My response to the "dream job" question made me smile. I said I wanted to be a journalist/writer, which, as it turns out, I ended up accomplishing. I didn't actually commit to a major in college until my third year, at which point I had to, but I've been writing about Buckeye sports ever since.

After four years of covering the Ohio State football and basketball beats – one as the sports editor for The Lantern, one at Rivals and the past two at Eleven Warriors – I'm stepping aside from the beat in pursuit of new dreams. But I didn't want to leave without giving you all a notice and saying thank you so much for reading my work, providing your positive feedback and supporting the site.

Before I came on board two years ago, it was hard not to be jealous of the engagement that Eleven Warriors and its staff garnered on a regular basis. Then, I was surprised to earn an opportunity to be a part of this community myself when Jason and Dan gave me a shot. It was an absolute pleasure to have this platform and to contribute to the success of the site, and I can't thank those two guys enough for the chance to do so.

Behind the scenes, everyone on the staff and running the show at Eleven Warriors truly puts their heart and soul into this and it was awesome to get to work with a group of people that passionate about what they do. As much as I grappled with the decision, today is my final day at Eleven Warriors and I'll be exploring new frontiers moving forward.

Thanks again to all the readers, all my coworkers and the head honchos at 11W and remember: it's not goodbye, it's see you later.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 40 Comments