Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Idea for Articles

+8 HS
Nuthead77's picture
June 29, 2021 at 5:27pm
35 Comments

Hello fellow 11w'ers,

So I don't think I've posted here in years, even though I read the site 5-10x per day, especially now with recruiting.  I was on Reddit last night and read a nice forum post from a gentleman who wasn't too into sports but has a diehard Buckeye future FIL.  He was asking about general information and team history.  Great move by him - he'll hear "Welcome to the family" as soon as he calls them "that team up north".  A lot of posters recommended 11w (as the best Buckeye site) and that got me thinking. 

I'm a newer fan than many here and wasn't born into it.  I moved to Ohio in the Spring of 2000 right after I turned 13.  I was a WVU fan before (living in WV), but always remember the Ohio side of my family loving Ohio State.  I converted pretty quickly and got it at the exact right time to start our domination of TTUN.  I never heard the legends and lore growing up though and would love to learn more, as I'd assume many others would.  I've read the occasional article here and watched some rivalry docs, but nothing too in-depth.  

This leads to my suggestion, some sort of article series on the history of Ohio State football.  There are occasionally some history pieces right before The Game and every once in a while there is some great data-based informational forum content from Mr. Gutridge.  These are great, but I want to hear some great stories and lore from the past.  Perhaps a weekly history series would be a great addition to the site.  Things with quotes and old video clips or newspaper images.  I want to know more about Woody, Chic Harley, Jack Tatum, and other greats.  There could also be mini themes for x number of weeks.  For example, the 10 greatest buckeyes, the 5 best Woody moments, the greatest games, top 10 program defining things, etc.  I'd love to read the comments from the old-timers on these as well.

Well, anywho, you get the point.  Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments