Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Words that should be limited on 11W

0 HS
OkayIllbethe12th's picture
September 17, 2014 at 6:03pm
322 Comments

Though I haven't been a member of this site since its founding days, I've been a reader for quite some time, and notice an over usage of many words and/or names, not only here, but all across buckeye nation that have nothing to do with Ohio State.

Some of these words/names are used in context, but not to the benefit of the Buckeyes of past, present, or future per se.  It's for that reason, I wish they weren't used as often.  They become annoyingly redundant.

One of these words/names I wish I saw less of on this site is Percy Harvin.  While a great former player of our current coach, he isn't a Buckeye, never was a Buckeye, and never will be a Buckeye.  And, I wish I saw less of his name on here.  Sure, Coach Meyer might mention him from time to time as he had a coach/player relationship with him, but does that mean members of Buckeye Nation must promote him.  If he played a specific role in Coach Meyer's Florida offense for a few years, good for him, but can't we find another term to describe a player who might play a similar, but hopefully different role at Ohio State?

That's just one example of a word or name I wish I saw less of on here, but there are many more.  What do you think?  Are there any words or names thrown around on Eleven Warriors that annoy you... Words/names that by using them, you might even be helping another interest other than Ohio State?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 322 Comments