Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Buckeyes in the NBA Updates

0 HS
Mr. President's picture
October 29, 2015 at 1:50am
19 Comments

Thought it would be fun to track our Buckeyes in the NBA. I watch a lot of NBA, and track our former players anyway so I figured I give this a shot. I will try to update this a couple of times a week, but if I happen to fall behind I will make sure to include the stats of games I missed. I will also be ranking the 5 players each week throughout the season on who I think is playing the best.

There are currently 5 Buckeyes playing on NBA teams:

Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies- Conley is entering his 9th year. Yes, 9th year!!! While Gasol is the best player for Memphis, Conley is the heart and soul of the Grizzlies. After fracturing his face in the playoffs last year, Conley still returned to play a couple of games. He will be wearing a mask this year. Conley's PPG has steadily increased over the course of his season, other than the slight drop from 17.2 to 15.8 last year. Conley is without a doubt the best Buckeye in the NBA. 2015 stats: 15.8 PPG / 5.4 APG / 3 RPG / 1.3 SPG

Evan Turner, Boston Celtics- Turner who I feel is the 2nd best Buckeye in the NBA had his first 3 triple doubles of his career last year with the Celtics. After a disappointing career with the 76ers and Pacers, Turner might have found his home in Boston. He will be relied on coming off the bench to provide his triple double ability for an upstart Boston team who made the playoffs after a great 2nd half of the season last year. 2015 stats: 9.5 PPG / 5.1 RPG / 5.5 APG (career high) / 1 SPG (career high)

Jared Sullinger, Boston Celtics- Sullinger has struggled with his weight in the past couple of seasons, but looks to be in great shape at the beginning of this season. Sullinger has also battled injuries in his early career, and missed a significant amount of time last season. Despite all of that, Sullinger has shown a lot of promise and could be one of the faces of the franchise moving forward. Now healthy, Sullinger will be coming off of the bench and could be poised for a big season. 2015 stats: 13.3 PPG (career high) / 7.6 RPG / 2.3 APG (career high) / .7 BPG (career high) / .8 SPG (career high)

Kosta Koufos, Sacramento Kings- After hitting the lottery in free agency Kosta is moving from Memphis to Sacramento. While he was with Memphis Koufos developed in to a solid role player who came off of the bench. Now that he is with the Kings, he could be in line to start at center. Either way, he should see an increase in minutes this season and see his stats improve. 2015 stats: 5.2 PPG / 5.3 RPG / .5 APG / .8 BPG

***Before they traded for Mozgov last season, the Cavaliers were said to be actively pursuing a trade to acquire Koufos to be their starting center. 

D'Angelo Russell, Los Angeles Lakers- Im ranking Russell last here due to him being a rookie. He arguably has as much talent as any player I have listed ahead of him. Im not sure what to expect from Russell this year. With Clarkson and Kobe ahead of him in ball handling duties, I don't see him putting up gaudy stats like many are projecting. Russell has a bright future, but this season will be met with a rookie struggles. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments