Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Biggest day of the year tomorrow

juniorbuck's picture
June 25, 2014 at 11:34pm
19 Comments

For some reason I get more excited for the NBA draft than most things outside of an OSU night game. The question I have for the cav's fans is what would you do with the pick? Trade it? Take wiggins or Parker? I just love tomorrow so much because I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen. 

juniorbuck's picture

I have now realized how sad it is to be a cav's fan, getting more excited for the draft than the actual season.

+6 HS
buckeyes763's picture

And by Cav's you mean Cleveland sports in general

+10 HS
juniorbuck's picture

I'd upvote if I could

+12 HS
Knarcisi's picture

There. One closer to 100 for you. This is like a charity event tonight, all these new member upvotes. Good thing I'm in a good mood, considering our last 2 football games and the hoops team I had to watch this year. Must be the Reds playing better. 

+1 HS
Orangeslash's picture

I-i'm a new member t-too....

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Got your back Orange - welcome aboard

DannyBeane's picture

Draft day, the time when Cleveland sports fans can be excited about their team until the regular season starts...

+1 HS
OSUpawn's picture

If you're a Browns fan like me your use to this.

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

Knarcisi's picture

Whoa, down boy. 

+1 HS
MacG91's picture

With the First Pick of the 2014 NBA Draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select Nik Stauskas. 

Ha I would lose it if that happened. 

Mac..yeah

-2 HS
Danify's picture

Keep it simple. Pick Andrew Wiggins at #1 and Glenn Robinson III or Cleanthony Early at #33. Sign an veteran big man - Spencer Hawes, Channing Frye, or Marcin Gortat. That will give the Cavaliers three impact upgrades to the roster.

+1 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

I would love to have Gortat.  He's like Z 2.0.

+1 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

I think you mean Z 0.5. Calling him Z 2.0 sounds like he would be an upgraded version of Z.

jeremytwoface's picture

USA!! USA!! USA!!

Oh wait...

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+3 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Am I the only one who thinks the Cavs should pick Embiid #1...or if the rumors are true, make the trade for the 4&12 of Orlando and pick him up there?

Embiid wants to be great but his body might break down, Wiggins has been nothing but a disappointment since being crissoned the next Lebron, Parker only wants to play for Milwaukee for some reason. I'd take the risk (but I'm not the one whose job depends on it).

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+2 HS
buckguy10's picture

I upvoted you just for your name. Thats great

sbentz4's picture

I am starting to warm up to this idea of trade down and draft embiid, but stop hating on Wiggins.  He is still very raw and needs some development, but he did average over 17 ppg as a Freshman including a 40 pt performance.  Wiggins can also play defense and is still improving in that department.  I am ok with taking him no. 1.

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Thanks BuckGuy

I'm not hating, but last year I remember it was big news of where he was going to college and teams were going to tank their season just to draft him. I read some more mocks after I posted this, he looks to be a perennial All-Defense player, which I didn't know. I just think he had so much hype that he cannot possibly live up to it. I'd be okay with any of the three, talent wise. But Parker doesn't want to play for Cleveland. Wiggins and Embiid would still be my picks.

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+1 HS
RedStorm45's picture

"Biggest day of the year"

This guy's got jokes.