Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

World Cup Open Thread, Day 12

11W Staff's picture
June 23, 2014 at 11:49am
10 Comments
Tweetmap for Clint Dempsy's goal against Portugal
Tweetmap for Clint Dempsey's go-ahead goal against Portugal last night.

Let's crank things up a bit with simultaneous matches.

Time (ET) GROUP Matchup TV Internet
Noon B Australia (0-2-0) vs. Spain (0-2-0) ESPN2 WatchESPN
Noon B Netherlands (2-0-0) vs. Chile (2-0-0) ESPN WatchESPN
4:00 p.m. A Cameroon (0-0-2) vs. Brazil (1-0-1) ESPN2 WatchESPN
4:00 p.m. A Croatia (1-1-0) vs. Mexico (1-0-1) ESPN WatchESPN
jBarnes's picture

Netherlands v Chile looks to be a good match-up but they will probably be sitting their stars.  Croatia v Mexico should be awesome because it is all on the line!

But USA v Germany - Believe.

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”  ― Douglas Adams

+1 HS
BUCKfutter's picture

yeah netherlands only has 3 regulars in the lineup. this morning's games are terrible. hopefully croatia-mexico will be incredible. these third group games today are hit or miss - either everything on the line or absolutely nothing on the line

the kids are playing their tail off, and the coaches are screwing it up! - JLS

jamesrbrown322's picture

Hoping the Croats destroy "El Tri." I may never forgive the "Osama" chants.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Wilkins78's picture

I count 8 of 11 as regulars, and their biggest stars are in.  Though, Van Persie is out due to two yellows in the first two games.  Doubt they want to (likely) face Brazil in the next round.  I am surprised Vidal isn't in for Chile, they may be sitting more starters.

jamesrbrown322's picture

Let's go Chile!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+2 HS
OldColumbusTown's picture

I'm 99.9% sure the second group of games today (and for the remainder of the group stage) begin at 4 pm EST rather than 3 pm.

Yep - just checked and they do begin at 4 today.

OldColumbusTown's picture

Mexico looking for only a draw, though they aren't a side built to "play for" a draw.  Croatia needing a win, and could give Mexico fits.  Brazil seemingly through as everyone expects them to easily dispatch Cameroon.  But, can this Brazilian team handle the pressure?

Now the real fun begins!

KeithMC33's picture

Wow the referee for Mexico/Croatia is having an awful game. Unbelievable how bad he has been 

bucknutfern4's picture

6 round of 16 in a row!!!

-1 HS