Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

World Cup Open Thread, Day Four

11W Staff's picture
June 15, 2014 at 11:45am
13 Comments
The Great One

Today's all about Lionel Messi, the greatest player on earth, but one who hasn't scored a World Cup goal in eight years. Oh, and you also have your patriotic duty to cheer against France, so let's GOOOOOO Honduras and Roger Espinoza, the former Buckeye playing for the Honduran national team.

Time (ET) GROUP Matchup TV Internet
Noon E Switzerland vs. Ecuador ABC WatchESPN
3:00 p.m. E France vs. Honduras WatchESPN
6:00 p.m. F Argentina vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina ESPN WatchESPN
Groveport Heisman's picture

Can we still root for the Swiss? Man I love their cheese.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
dcbucks's picture

So glad you got the Espinoza mention in there. He has turned out to be an amazing player and I'm proudly supporting him and fellow CONCACAF nation Honduras in dismantling the frogs. 

Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

The Swiss have momentum. Really dominating possession and opportunities. Ecuador only has a counter attack, but its a good one. 

Read my entire screen name....

+1 HS
William's picture

Holy shit, what a fucking finish by the Swiss. 

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

OMFG that was the most exciting final minute of soccer Ive witnessed.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Incredible piece of officiating there too, letting advantage play out.

Seattle Linga's picture

Switz's never say die attitude

jeremytwoface's picture

I say France by at least 2...

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

That's looking likely. France almost dominated the entire half and came out with nothing to show for it. With a goal and a man advantage, its hard to see France not winning. 

Jason Priestas's picture

There's your two.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bosnia scored. Argentinas defense looks weak. Argentina seems to either selfish or uncomfortable. They play forward so fast - too much skill and not enough patience.  Vulnerable to a good counter. 

Jeeves's picture

Messi pretty ordinary in that match. A few years ago he was clearly the best in the world but a strong case can be made for C. Ronaldo right now. 

jeremytwoface's picture

I felt like he gave the ball up way too much.

I mean, no one likes a ball hog and that Argentina attack is pretty talented, but when he has the ball, he can do special things and I feel like it was just passing way too quickly.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.