Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Let's go Blue Jackets

Deadly Nuts's picture
April 21, 2014 at 8:03pm
23 Comments

Up 2-0 at the end of the first, hopefully they can keep this up.

Floyd Stahl's picture

As Bob McElligott said, "This is a no Blue Jackets power play night." So many penalties called on the Jackets, none on the Pens. But we'd rather have the 2-0 lead. Battle on!

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

There we go! FINISH THEM!

NM

LEBRON

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

That goal with .007 killed the momentum but now it's back to a 2 goal lead and we can "Put em in a body bag Johnny"

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

again.... a game 1 type meltdown.

LEBRON

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

I'm bad luck so I'm turning this off.

buckeyeguy0615's picture

It was JUST 3-1! 4-3??

FROMTHE18's picture

Pens are a quick strike team, have to applaud the Jackets for containing them for 2 periods

+3 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

having followed the Jackets since their first game, Ive learned one cold hard truth: if you feel good about a game or the way the games going, you're screwed

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Hockey is a momentum game and one little twist can change the outcome. Surprisingly hockey players are very superstitious and for some of them each mis-step is in their head

+3 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Amazing game to watch... too bad they couldn't come out on top.

LEBRON

+1 HS
lsjSnail's picture

They need to just play down a man the whole game.

/s

+2 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

At least the Indians won.

LEBRON

ohst8buxCP's picture

What an epic choke job. That was fucking embarrassing. Jackets need to get it together and play a full game.

buckeye4life050233's picture

only in Columbus does the opposing team in a playoff game get more penalty opportunities than the home team.  there were at least 2 or 3 bs calls that the penguins got to limit the opportunity for the jackets to go up 3-0 or worse in the 1st period.  It was as if Toronto replay guys dressed up in officiating gear and officiated the game tonight.

Buckeye Chuck's picture

Is it my imagination, or do the professional teams from Ohio choke more than the teams from the other 49 states combined?

The most "loud mouth, disrespect" poster on 11W.

Seattle Linga's picture

I know it certainly feels that way after a lose like this but this is a young team with so much promise. 

+4 HS
ScarletNGrey01's picture

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory ...

The will to win is not as important as the will to prepare to win. -- Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Looking forward to the game tomorrow night in Hockeytown!

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

Wings got man-handled last game.  Just absolutely steam-rolled.  They need to avoid the hits and move the puck.  And get traffic in front of the net.
And for $5G, someone needs to hand Lucic a return gift to the balls....

+3 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Really sad for the way they keep squandering these leads - should have been up 3-0 by now.  

Hope they come back hard tomorrow and go back to Pitt tied at 2 apiece.  

Go CBJ!

Go Bucks!