Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Spolier Alert: Post a sad picture...

BME_Buckeye's picture
February 20, 2014 at 3:11pm
41 Comments
Sad puppy

Because why the hell not. I can't believe Team USA was up 2-0 and had the game in hand only to lose in OT on the power play. I feel so sorry for those girls losing to Canada. This feels like losing to Michigan.  Frick. I'm a hurtin buckaroo and American but I'm proud of their effort. Merica....

BucksfanXC's picture

I couldn't believe that

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

BME_Buckeye's picture

A little under 2 hours later and I'm still bummed out. Not gonna lie but this really hurts. I honestly thought we had it in the bag at 2-0 and then the comeback happened. Canada just knows to yoyo with our teams to the point where defeat is devastating.  And now they have to live with that for four years until the next Olympics. 

Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the less you will actually see.

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Another sad part about this is - they don't get to come back home and earn millions of dollars playing the sport like the men's team. 

+3 HS
mh277907's picture

Devin be all sad..

buckeyebobcat

+13 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

But it made millions of people happy.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

OSUStu's picture

Tomorrow we exact our revenge.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Well that didn't happen either but I posted this picture to brighten everyone's day.

MordenoftheSith's picture

It is the second time it happened this Olympics, though.  Unfortunately, I saw it as a real possibility.  Especially since a two-goal lead is the WORST lead in hockey.

If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side.

CanadianBuckeye's picture

Sad.... but why!?!!?

Great game though!  I look forward to tomorrow's match up with the USA men.

Go team Canada!  :)

Hovenaut's picture

I didn't upvote you CB, must've been one of these guys, eh?:

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+3 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

Where a boot is the button to vote?  I'd like to downvote that hoser.

Read my entire screen name....

+6 HS

Good ol' Bob and Doug!  I love that movie!  Take off ya hoser!

+5 HS
Hovenaut's picture

McKenzie, hockey and beer - can't go wrong there.

+3 HS
Idaho Helga's picture

Get OUTTTTT, you hoser. <pops top on a Molson>

Don't take Dad's last beer and give it to the dog!   You might have to retrieve it and the dog won't like it!

(This was the funniest sequence in the movie but I'm a weird one)

+3 HS
m5987usus's picture

idk why you got downvotes man i can look at your post and clearly take it as a joke, whatever man good for you guys and looking forward to our showdown!

O-H!

-1 HS

Haha, its all good man, I kind of asked for it!  Not too worried about it though it is only the internet, all in good fun!

Tomorrow should be an awesome game!  I have to admit so far the Americans have looked better on the ice, but I don't think we have seen the best of our Canadian boys yet!  Here's to as good of a show as the ladies gave us!

+5 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

You take your cheap prescription drugs, maple syrup, toque, Labatt Blue, and Justin Bieber and go back north of the border and stay quiet.

“Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect.”  - Woody

+4 HS

Haha you can keep Justin, we are quite content to have him down there and out of our hair!

+1 HS
DNARCO's picture

Tomorrow will determine this dispute.  The stakes have never been higher. 

+6 HS
Hovenaut's picture

+3 HS
Idaho Helga's picture

I heard there is now a shortage of clowns in 'Merica.  I say, bring Homey the clown out of retirement.   But, then again, maybe "Homey don't play that"?

+2 HS
Earle's picture

Just say no to italics abuse.

+3 HS
BucksfanXC's picture

One of my favorite gifs. Love that movie, not sure what it's about as I was...distracted, for most of the movie

+1 HS
Mortc15's picture

I know EXACTLY what you mean. Distracted is a good word.

Buck-I4Life

+1 HS
MacG91's picture
+2 HS
clogan1032's picture

Reminds me of Miami Ohio losing the NCAA hockey championship to Boston University in the exact same fashion.  Disappointing, and that soft slashing penalty was brutal.  

+4 HS
gumtape's picture

High and tight boo boo

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

could see it coming and knew it was going to end badly when they hit the post on the empty net attempt. hoping the men can come through tomorrow.

+1 HS
oh_dad55's picture

That was good hockey.  Great skaters on both sides.

Oh_Dad

+1 HS
bodast67's picture

" I hope when I die, I die laughing"...                

+1 HS
Whoa Nellie's picture

“Don’t fear criticism. The stands are full of critics. They play no ball. They fight no fights. They make no mistakes because they attempt nothing. Down on the field are the doers, they make mistakes because they attempt many things.”

+3 HS

Just wanted to say good luck to both teams today!  Should be a great game!  I am heading to the bar now to see the action!  May the best team win!  I look forward to some more sad pictures when I get back tonight!  (just kidding!)

GO CANADA!

+1 HS
NUGENTSRIGHTFOOT's picture

Congrats on the well played game. Team way up north definitely deserved that win. Waiting for 2018.

vitaminB's picture

Canada is the new USSR as far as I'm concerned.  Losing to them in Vancuover was one thing, but you can't let Putin and the boys see you go down like that, not good for the world's stability.  We need a premptive strike to let everyone know we still mean business.  Let's go to Pittsburg and leave dog shit on Crosby's front door.