Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

What is the record for Super Bowl starters from a single recruiting class?

0 HS
BuckShotGinn's picture
January 25, 2016 at 2:39pm
11 Comments

I posted this on the Scout forum: and please don't TLDR me, bro!  I just know the whiz kids on this forum will have the answer:

2010 Class :  http://www.scout.com/topic/players?type=players&start=0&category=%22Football%20Recruiting%22&classYear=%222010%22&team=%22Ohio%20State%22&minimumInterest=%22SoftVerbal%22&sortBy=CommitDate

At the time, I felt a little disappointed as we struck out on some really big names that were considered locks (Ironically some attributable to our current head coach, IIRC).

Roby was a 3 star(44th ranked cb)  we stole from Vanderbilt.  It was ranked 20th overall, but it was limited by numbers.  This would appear to have been a disappointing class. (can you imagine all the bridge jumpers if Urban pulled a 20th ranked class?)

But on Superbowl Sunday, 3 recruits from this class (Norwell, Philly Brown and Roy) will all take the field.

Amazing! (especially considering the ranking and that there were only 18 total in this class)

All this leads me to wonder what the record is for Superbowl starters from a single recruiting class.  hmmm...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments