Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Tweeting Recruits

0 HS
bennyhana311's picture
January 30, 2015 at 2:03pm
57 Comments

OK, in no way shape or form do I condone the unintelligent, immature, pandering tweets to our potential football stars of the future. I am, however, somewhat torn on the mantra that is "never ever tweet a recruit under any circumstances." Let me explain why before you DV me into oblivion.

The majority of these guys are studs and have been worshiped for years. I'd be willing to bet that most enjoy the limelight and may be flattered by some form of intuitive, online recognition by Buckeye Nation. Many tag their tweets with said #buckeyenation, almost beckoning favorable responses from our global contingent. Considering the years of praise that have undoubtedly been showered upon these athletic marvels, it would not surprise me if some may have even come to expect such responses. Some may even feel slighted or neglected by not receiving such admiration.

It seems that most, if not all other premier programs have their fair share of both positive and negative tweeters that can potentially help or hurt their school's chances for a 5* guy.

Now the dark, salty, butt-hurt tweets make me cringe. When someone flips or spurns a favorite school, there is no excuse for immaturely damning them into oblivion and I am fervently against such nonsense.

I do however, see some positive opportunities available for those that tweet optimistically and rationally for buckeye nation. I would question who the correct recipients should be for such twittering though. Just to use two examples-Torrance Gibson seems to enjoy recognition and attention, and I would think that positive and encouraging tweets could be favorable for this young man. Mike Weber has stayed away from social media lately. He may feel bothered and annoyed by messages, regardless of the intention.

What are your thoughts?

Disclaimer: I do not and have not ever used Twitter. Just wanted to get a feel for what may be appropriate and favorably impactful.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments