Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

2016 WR Cameron Chambers Announcing Friday

Jordan Wagner's picture
July 27, 2014 at 8:43pm
23 Comments

Four-star wideout Cameron Chambers announced he will be deciding on Friday. He is currently in Michigan for their BBQ. 

His crystal ball reads 100% Ohio State as of 8:40 p.m. on Sunday night. 

lljjgg's picture

Hmm. Commitment fresh off of a Michigan visit? Doesn't look good for the Buckeyes. Unless he saw all of the BBQ-eating he needed to know it wasn't the right place for him.

Any take Birm or Jordan? Also, anyone know when the last time he visited OSU was? Was he at FNL? That could be a giveaway.

+1 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

The timing is definitely interesting. Takes a multi-day visit to Michigan and tweets out he will decide on Friday. He wasn't at FNL. He last visited last football season, I believe. 

Not a good sign for the Buckeyes. 

lljjgg's picture

Thank you for the insight, Jordan!

I noticed 2015 WR Lawrence Cager just asked him to FB with him on Twitter, which Chambers retweeted. Got a feeling Cager wants to know where Chambers is going, and may try to do some last minute OSU campaigning.

+1 HS
rdubs's picture

Agreed, seems like a bad sign.

+1 HS
FloridaBuck's picture

He's making collages?  That's not really interesting. 

+16 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Maybe he makes awesome collages, I don't think it's fair to judge that until we see what he releases.

+3 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

Now it reads 93% Ohio State and 7% Michigan. The odds are still in our favor but I don't feel good about the timing. According to Jordan, it's been a long time since he's been on campus. I hope that visit left a lasting impression. 

+1 HS
bethmowins's picture

Let's hope it's the right "collage"

+4 HS
OSU069's picture

Don't really have a good feeling about this one. We could miss out on Craig and Chambers before NSD. 

+1 HS
Hayze's picture

Looking good for Michigan right now, him announcing after his visit. It could either be he was blown away and will commit to UM. Or he could have just wanted to visit there before announcing.

Have to admit though, not really concerned about 2016 WR recruiting. For one, Michigan is good at getting blue-chippers to commit early...but they struggle holding onto them (just for 2015 they've had Harris, Campbell and Crawford decommit).

But also, we look to be in a good spot with Layne and Flowers in-state, despite the offers. Also in a good spot with Mack and Smothers. Benjamin Victor just spent five-days here and we'll be in it for him. Also still in it for Craig even with the Auburn commit.

Would love to add Chambers early, but if he commits somewhere other than OSU, I have no doubt that we'll continue to recruit him and be fine without him.

+2 HS
blueinsconsin's picture

Despite those three decommits from the '15 class, Hoke and Co have been pretty good at keeping guys who commit early, but if they do leave, are pretty good at filling those spots with other top talent.

Not here to troll...Go Blue

-2 HS
MaximusBlue's picture

Brian Cole replaced George and is a better pure receiver at this point. Hopefully Marcus Lewis or Mook Reynolds replaces Crawford.

-1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

It's a small speed bump in the recruiting process

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+2 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

See George Campbell!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Long way to signing day 2016, but don't see Chambers picking Ohio State Friday. Michigan is obvious choice at this point.

Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

Idk about you... but I'm dying to know what kind of collage Cameron Chambers picks on Friday... paper collage?  collage painting?  digital collage?  mosaic collage?  decoupage collage?

+3 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Maybe he'll announce it via a Twitter massage?

+5 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Literally laughed out loud. +1 to you good sir.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Expect 2016 DE Shane Simmons to Penn State over Ohio State tomorrow, 2015 OL James Daniels to Iowa over Ohio State on Thursday and 2016 WR Cameron Chambers to Michigan or Michigan State over Ohio State on Friday. Not a great week, you guys.

Fly Patterns's picture

Bummer. Birm how do you feel about the state of recruiting overall for Urban and Co.?

-2 HS
KansasBuckeye's picture

This man knows the future..

lljjgg's picture

Thanks for the insight as always Jeremy!

Personally it doesn't ruffle any feathers for me to hear 2016 guys going elsewhere (James Daniels being the one 2015 guy on that list obv). Over a year till the 2016 signing day says few of those early commitments will stick. Not necessarily any better to be a Michigan squad that gets 2 Top100 picks they couldn't hold on to than it is to be an OSU squad that waits awhile to get their first commit.