Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Justin Hilliard and Jashon Cornell are working HARD...

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
July 14, 2014 at 5:32pm
66 Comments
PittBuckeye's picture

Must really suck to be an elite football prospect.

These guys always seem to be having the best damned time.

+3 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Allsome. 

I like, I love it, I want some more of it. 

+4 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

The one with Josh Sweat is awesome on many levels. Look closely, and it also shows the Indians beating the Yankees.

+10 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Great catch with the score board action.  We were at that game in the lower bowl supporting the Tribe, surrounded by the stench of fake Yankee fans everywhere.  I felt like General Custer at Little Big Horn as they circled the wagons around us.  Brantley and Swisher KO'd Tanaka, Kipnis bobblehead night, and got to see Jeter in one of his final games in Cleveland.

Good times.

+3 HS
osubuck57's picture

WOW!! Great photos!!

SCOTTC.

whiskeyjuice's picture

They are like the dynamic duo!!!

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Hopefully they can come through with some positive influence on some big time recruits. Seems we led for LJ Scott and Baker up until the day Hilliard and Cornell committed to us then things went downhill. Neither of those recruits play the same position I know. Just a weird coincidence. Hilliard and his family seem to be set on leading the way for #elite15.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Hilliard & Baker both LBers...

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

While that is true,they play different LB spots and they are not always interchangeable.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
kicks's picture

Bold prediction: Everyone in those pictures that's not currently committed to The Ohio State will be come Feb. 2015.

+6 HS
Buck my Nuts's picture

I like your optimism, but that's asking a lot. Hope your prediction comes true buddy!

+2 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

Bold indeed. But I think there's a good chance 3/4 commit. Gibson is a stretch in my opinion. Burrell would be more likely from my standpoint.

+2 HS
buckeyeradar's picture

Hilliard and Cornell are working it.  Even if they don't succeed they are learning great leadership skills for their future team.  Give them some juice.

Buckeye in Texas

+4 HS
Gray Box's picture

More Hilliard working on Gibson:

+13 HS
toad1204's picture

Maybe they can get in Baker's ear too.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

MN Buckeye's picture

I love the guy that jumps overboard.

+17 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Hell I would've done the same thing lol. Swordfish when they are flopping around like that, can seriously f*ck you up. My buddy from Georgetown told me a story that when he was fishing with some of his rich buddies, one of them hooked a swordfish, it jumped right in the boat like that and it was swinging it's nose around like they do when they hunt other fish and snap his buddies shin in two.

Just to give you an idea of what a swordfish's nose bone looks like lol

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+10 HS
ponder10's picture

What I believe you've posted here is a Sawfish snout rather than a Swordfish which is smooth. The Sawfish stays near the bottom of the ocean and isn't a sport fish. It uses the serrated portion to detect animals not visible under the ocean floor. Swordfish use their snout to maim their prey and are more open-water sporting fish.

Nonetheless, both are dangerous. That being said I'm pretty sure I wouldnt jump into the open ocean.

“In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.” ~ Baba Dioum

+16 HS
clogan1032's picture

Don't even get me started on the narwhal....

+5 HS
sivaDavis's picture

You are correct, for some reason my head was thinking swordfish but my fingers were thinking otherwise.

Here we go:

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+4 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

You are both wrong.  It is a marlin.

-1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Examining it closer, it makes sense that they would be fishing for Marlin but the dorsal fin looks more similar to a shark and the pectoral fins look a lot longer than that of a Marlin and that's why I assumed it was a Swordfish. 

buckeyedude's picture

I love the guy that jumps overboard.

What's funny, is they don't even seem to make an attempt to rescue the "man overboard." They just continue to deal with their fish. Poor guy just seems to float away.

+6 HS
BuckeyeinSavannah's picture

I hope that wasn't Urban falling off the boat lol

+1 HS
Rob Reese's picture

God, why didn't I see this gif earlier.  There's so much going on in it.

The shirtless guy either completely anticipated the lunge, or possesses cat like reflexes.  Maybe both. In any event, he narrowly escapes a certain death.   Of course, my man in the back of the boat is no slouch either and resembles a track star once that fish hits landfall.  Then, you see him drift off rapidly toward the horizon.  Serious situation here, particularly if one is unable to swim well, or at all.  Of course, the faceless gray haired fisherman in the middle just kind of shoulder shrugs off left tackle and barely dodges being in the receiving end of  bad deal and helplessly watches whilst continuing to "reel".  All the while shirtless guy who dodged the grim reaper only moments before is juking left/right/left/right and left again in an effort to keep gray hair between him and the fish.

lmao

BassDropper's picture

Please Please Please Please stop messaging these kids. The same people who do this post/read  this board and other OSU sites...if you tweet recruits and you see this, I just want to let you know you are pathetic. Get a life.

DIRECTIONER

+43 HS
BassDropper's picture

Even people like the "BuckeyeNation" guy, it may seem like  innocent tweeting, but it's creepy as hell when I click on profiles and see nothing but tweeting recruits and talking shit to other teams fans/recruits. (Don't think I forgot about you Katzfan71)

DIRECTIONER

+19 HS
Sims_tOSU's picture

Completely agree ! People need to think about it this way.. Would you want some random person that you have no clue is just message or comment on everything you say? I get alittle creeped when random people just follow me on twitter. It's kinda sad and looks alittle lonely in a way. The worst ones are for sure Tennessee fans with Gibson! 

-2 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

The "Buckeye Nation!" one is a female, which I am not sure makes it better or worse.

11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+7 HS
DaveStephens's picture

Is she hot?

The Dude abides.

+7 HS
Buckeye Rocket Sci's picture

That's why I always go with FaceTime; it's far less creepy!

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence" - Calvin Coolidge

+33 HS
clogan1032's picture

You're not my real dad!  I'll tweet who I want when I want, gonna do it right now. I m helping with this recruiting thang!

everyone who tweets recruits right now after reading this. 

But seriously, listen to his man. When need to start a PSA, friends don't let friends tweet recruits. 

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Old creepers need to leave the Dynamic Duo alone!!!

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+6 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

I wish I could tweet that O-H-I-O pic to every single scUM fan so they could see Damien in it.

FROMTHE18's picture

subtle way with the hat, really like it.

+1 HS
Gray Box's picture

I love this video:

+4 HS
BassDropper's picture

"Hilariously reps the Buckeyes"

Am I the only one who didn't laugh.

DIRECTIONER

-5 HS

Having noticed it live, along with all his other means of getting in nearly every camera angle, I would say yes; I thought it was freaking hilarious!

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

^^^ tweets recruits

DIRECTIONER

-4 HS
TCOB_6's picture

Lol +1 for that gif. Hate to burst your bubble though, I don't tweet or Facebook at all.

+7 HS
Buck my Nuts's picture

Heisenberg is the man. Hilliard is such a stud, he may recruit him to play at OSU

+1 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

Hahaha I love this guy. Justin is a world class recruiter and he does it in style.

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

Justin commented that Damien's O was lacking in the top photo, and none of them are great.  Can someone tweet this article at them so that they know how to do it properly next time.

This one is my favorite.  Tweet this at Tyler Green . . .
+2 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Boy, it seems Mr. Hilliard is taking his recruiting other players very seriously. I love it.

+9 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

Watching this years Opening all I ever kept seeing was that Darn OSU Red hat of Hilliards LMAO. Loved every minute of it!!

Citrus's picture

Dude, scarlet is the preferred nomenclature

+26 HS
Crimson's picture

And as a preemptive strike, it's gray not grey.

+5 HS
crusher's picture

I wish I could give you more up votes for the reference

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men

+1 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

Hilliard and Cornell are determined.  I love it! 

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
DenBuck's picture

We've at least got to get Harris out of all this....

Buckeye For Life

+2 HS
Brutus' Left Nut's picture

Is it just me or does Josh Sweat not look very interested in the Buckeye hat?  I get the feeling that he is one player that only the coaches will be able effectively to recruit.

He isn't just physically a man among boys, I feel like his like a grown man in every way.  Doesn't seem interested in twitter, the recruiting game or basing his decision off of other recruits.  Luckily, we have one of the best defensive line coach (especially in terms of putting talent in the NFL) and I feel like that is what Sweat will care about more than anything.  

+2 HS

He may not have even seen it. One thing I'll say, although he is extremely well kept with keeping everything under wraps, he sure did light up in his interview from the Opening when talking about LJ and Ohio State.

+3 HS
Dublin68's picture
+2 HS
Buck my Nuts's picture

Other than Josh Sweat, Malik is the one player remaining I would love to have. Throw in Kirk too, lol...