Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Chris Clark visiting again...

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
May 29, 2014 at 2:30pm
31 Comments

June 17th, confirmed with Chris. Big chance for Ohio State to get back into the fore of his mind. Expect a lot of big visitors that day to try and really develop relationships. 

I still think Michigan is in the driver's seat, but it's a shot for Urban and his guys to impress upon Clark how important he is to their plans.

dubjayfootball90's picture

Day after my birthday. You know what I will be wishing for...

WesPatterson23's picture

Day before my birthday! And same here

otrain2416's picture

Mr. Clark our TEs look pretty good verse TSUN.

+15 HS
TheTeam16's picture
)

But Mr. Clark, ours look even better :)

-10 HS
MacG91's picture

But we all know how it ended.. 

Mac..yeah

+57 HS
TheTeam16's picture

Touche haha, just couldn't help it.

I am sure you understand, oh wait no you dont cause your football team hasnt been mired in mediocrity since the turn of the millennium...

+15 HS
TheTeam16's picture

To be fair, I think anyone would be assuming that posture after playing as hard as he did on a broken foot haha...

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture
Ours are actually TEs. 
And they won the game. :o

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+13 HS
Gametime's picture

^^^ NOT A TE ^^^

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Not only is he not a TE, I'm not fully confident he is not a  lesbian on extreme hormone therapy. "drops mic"

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-4 HS
TheTeam16's picture

Actually, for the game, he was dressed as a TE...so he was in fact a TE...

+1 HS

He was dressed as a TE? Do they put their pants on differently? Left leg first instead of right? I wasnt even talking about Funchess I was making a joke about Step Brothers Derek. Funchess is without a doubt just a big WR and wow yea he made a good play against us but last time I looked at the scoreboard it wasnt a great play. I sell Ice for that burn.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-2 HS
TheTeam16's picture

He won B1G TE of the year...soooooo there is that...

And by definition...a TE is just a bigger WR that plays on the line...so thanks for the astute observation lulz?

Did you play football? I am referring to the fact they say "Dressed as a TE," as in he was listed as a TE on the depth chart.

If you wish to argue semantics, I am not your man.

-1 HS

Seems like you are not the man for pretty much anything if you used the "lulz". If it wasnt a big deal then Jimmy Graham and the NFLPA wouldnt be fighting his free agency tag as a TE when he was used almost 70% of the time as a WR split off the line. Funchess might have started his Career as a pass catching TE but his inability to block a fart has him split out off the line. A true TE is more of a offensive lineman then a bigger WR. Yes I played high level football and I actively coach. Your lack of football knowledge  mixed with your arrogance of what you think you thought you knew fits right in line with most *ichigan fans. Dont take it to heart you guys are all pretty similar.

-10 HS
TheTeam16's picture

There are numerous roles a TE can play on a team...X, Y, H-back...etc...not every TE is of a blocking mold and not every one is of a catching mold. However, they usually have the body configuration akin to a larger WR, that is what we were arguing...not skill set.  

I played high level as well, so i guess my "paucity of football knowledge" is due to the harrowed coaching I received...again you have resorted to the last thing you possess when someone makes a point you cannot really argue, and that is to call them ignorant/uneducated and say they are like the greater whole (BLANK) fan base. Cool. But don't take that to heart, it runs in the psyche of people who are actually ignorant themselves trying to prop up their supposed "subject comprehension" by calling others ignorant. 

Also...did you just compare an attempted re-signing of an NFL TE to a College TE trying to conclude information in reference to position status.

Good day.

+1 HS

Yea I used a reference to a college TE/WR collecting a TE award when it benefits him. But those actual big WR's that spend most of their snaps "away from the line" are starting to have a problem with it in the NFL when it is costing them millions of dollars to be labeled a "TE". You are the one that tried to bring out the "did you even play football" line bubba. I'm sure you would like to look up how often big bad blocking Funchess actually lined up like a WR right? He might have won some phantom award(Ferentz has plenty) last year, and Ive even heard he has been labeled as a full time WR this year even though your starting actual TE Jake Butt is injured. We can throw stones back and forth all day but at the end of it we both know whats really going on right? Hopefully he will improve on his stone hands and the case of the Braylons he showed during your spring (cough cough) practice. I  fully anticipate him being *ichigans #1 WR this year do you feel different?

-7 HS
TheTeam16's picture

Even if he lined up at a position a WR would USUALLY INHABIT he is still listed at TE...that is what I was saying. No more, no less. Please stop trying to change the subject off of the original debate. 

Sounds like I pretty much nailed it. Yea they could list him as a Running Back I guess if they wanted too and he could win some obsolete award for receiving yards as a Running Back. And I guess you would jump on here and tell us how great of receiving threat he is at the RB position. I wasnt trying to be a smart ass and I apologize if my zippers down. Only reason I am bringing it up is because now the big WR/TE hybrids are starting to want to be labeled as a actual WR because it benefits their bank account more. It wont mean a rats ass in College but in the NFL you will start seeing how these hybrids are labeled and lined up. The Saints franchised Graham as a TE at 7mil a year,if he was labeled as a WR he would be franchised at 12mil a year,he lined up as a WR 67% of his snaps.Big  difference and yes I'm just arguing to argue because you are a weasel fan but soon this will all be relevant I promise you. Snap counts will be counted and they will have to "define" actually how players are labeled. I'm thinking if you line up over 50% of the snaps at the WR position then you might be called a WR.

-6 HS
kholmes's picture

Funchess was a WR in that game - you are correct. Jake Butt actually had a great game  (5 catches for 85 yards) so would have made more sense for him to be referenced as he actually played tight end.

Regarding 2014, Funchess is a WR.. that is where he practiced all spring and where he will be.

+2 HS

You are right Homie. Funchess played more WR then just that game. Jake Butt beasted our asses and made us wish we would have offered him. He is a great TE and  Im pissed a Columbus kid is going to have big games against us for the next 4 years. Really feel bad he blew his knee out and I  think he will make a great recovery. I was arguing to argue because the big WR/TE hybrid position is about to get technical as hell with their being such a disparity in pay,and with the players association getting involved. Funchess is a big WR moving forward and if he can cure himself of the dropsies will be a deadly weapon for you guys.

-4 HS
TheTeam16's picture

Agreed, all I said was that he was dressed as a TE all year though he played the role of a WR.

Byaaaahhh's picture

You shut your mouth about Adam Scott. You shut it now!!

+1 HS
kicks's picture

Not TSUN, but it's pretty when used.

Squirrel Master's picture

Maybe the new commit can start to work him a bit. Burrows could make a quick stop during that visit and chat with him.

This is where Burrows can start to take control of this recruiting class, get Clark here!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+4 HS
osubuck57's picture

Good if we can make some in-roads with him. Hope he hasn't sipped on too much of Hokes' Kool-Aid.

SCOTTC.

toad1204's picture

Can't go nowhere but up.  Make it happen Urbz.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

ab1993's picture

I don't see him going to TSUN. Kid has always been high on Ohio State. At one point it was OSU at the front, then it was UNC, then Notre Dame or OSU, then UM or OSU. OSU has always been in the picture for hiim.

Class of '16

BroJim's picture

I think a lot of things will change. Hoke and Franklin will have less than stellar years and recruits will flip, hopefully to us.

I season my simple food with hunger

tennbuckeye19's picture

Clark seems to fall in love with the latest place he visits so I would expect him to enjoy himself.

#thiskidcommittedtolarryfedora

Seattle Linga's picture

We need this kid - looks like a real game changer