Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Grandstaff Commits!

pukindawg's picture
May 4, 2014 at 2:07pm
23 Comments

Gray Box wooohooo!

CincyBuckeye31's picture

Another talented SG added to the stable.  Excellent news!

Bolt's picture

Very good looking SG. Actually reminds me a lot of myself when I played in HS...well, except that he can dunk on people...and dunk in general...and make layups...and shots off the dribble, and contested shots and spot up 3s and shots in general. And he's 5 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier. Other than that we're basically the same player.

+5 HS
thekornidentity's picture

This is pretty unexpected but certainly awesome!!!

“Nothing that comes easy in this world is worth a damn.” -Woody Hayes

jamesrbrown322's picture
good news yay!

FINALLY! Good news in 2014!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

FINALLY! Good news in 2014!

If we ignore the '14 class, and transfers(Lee, Thompson, and Lindsay), sure.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

-3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Just saying it has been a while, especially with how desperate most football fans were.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

osubuck57's picture

We needed some shooters!! Glad we got one!!

SCOTTC.

Woodshed's picture

Giddens and Ahmad would make that class EPIC.

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

this could be a really special class.

weimerad's picture

So what about Bragg? I want him in the class more than anyone else. I hope Thad is still going after him hard

nrbuckguy's picture

Apparently grandstaff and d'angelo russell have been talking up osu to another texan, 5 star PF elijah thomas. I still want bragg more, but thomas would be one heck of a replacement for him.

In Urban We Trust

+2 HS
edr4225's picture

yep and Thomas is a beast!! 

lets go bucks!!

MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

I agree, I don't really believe we're going to get Bragg.  If we do then great, but it's nice to know we're in pretty good standing with Giddens, Ahmad, and Thomas as well!

jamesrbrown322's picture

I think early returns are that Bragg's probably going to UK. But here's hoping he stays in state! I'd hate for an Ohio kid as highly ranked as he is, to go anywhere else besides OSU.

+1 HS
Gray Box's picture

Matta and Grandstaff:

+1 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

Our version of Nik Stauskas?

+2 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

I think Grandstaff had better competition in hs than Kennard.

Huge pick-up by Thad & co. !

-1 HS
Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

What's Elijah Thomas' vertical? For a guy that's 6'9", he sure looks like he's 'reaching' a lot to dunk. He definitely had some moves for a big, but there are some real questions about his "ups". 

Bolt's picture

Some guys can make a living playing below the rim. If he's that highly regarded despite not having a 38 inch vertical it's probably because he's strong in the post, see: Jared Sullinger.

+2 HS
edr4225's picture

true, but lack of ups didn't stop zack randolph, DeJuan Blair or our own Jared Sullinger from being productive.  

lets go bucks!!