Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Breath easy...Miles predictions for class

cdsperr's picture
April 20, 2014 at 5:32pm
68 Comments

Our old friend Miles just made his class predictions over at LGHL. Anyone who is screaming chicken little about our lack of recent success should look at this before screaming the sky is falling or accusing high school kids they have never met of accepting bribes. A class like this is a top five class

Torrance Gibson: #11 overall,  5 star composite

Justin Hilliard: #21 overall, 5 star composite

Damien Harris: #22 overall, 5 star composite

Christian Kirk: #35 overall, 4 star composite

Jerome Baker: #39 overall, 4 star composite 

Christian Wilkins: #57 overall, 4 star composite 

Drew Richmond: #65 overall, 4 star composite 

Ricky Deberry: #66 overall, 4 star composite 

Matthew Burrell: #75 overall, 4 star composite 

Eric Glover-Williams: #84 overall, 4 star composite

Hale Hentges: #98 overall, 4 star composite 

Devante Peete: #165 overall, 4 star composite 

Van Jefferson: #170 overall, 4 star composite

Nick Conner: #196 overall, 4 star composite 

Kendrall McFadden: #204 overall, 4 star composite 

Sh'mar Kilby-Lane: #223 overall, 4 star composite 

Patrick Allen: #237 overall, 4 star composite 

Jamel Dean: #279 overall, 4 star composite 

Dre'mont Jones: #287 overall, 4 star composite 

Elijah Taylor: #306 overall, 3 star composite

Darius Fullwood: #424 overall, 3 star composite

James Daniels: #561 overall, 3 star composite 

WhySoSerious's picture

Looks good to me. With or without a few misses.

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+4 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

I don't think we get Taylor or Daniels and it'd probably be a stretch for Kirk.  Beyond that, I would be ecstatic if this were our class.

+2 HS
flying-banana's picture

I was thinking the same thing for those three, especially Kirk; I think he is destined for the Aggies. On the plus though I think we get Tim Settle at DT as a boost.

Woodshed's picture

IMO, Kirk is much more likely than settle.

-1 HS
HilltopHustle's picture

I'm with you. Kirk simply isn't happening, thus why the coaches have been actively looking at other WR's too.

GABuckgrad's picture

Definitely a good class to me!

buckguyfan1's picture

Shhhhh! Don't tell everyone, let them freak out for a while. 

+9 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

LOL

Rare&Uncommon

+2 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

We would be very very fortunate to end up with that class above. That is probably being about as optimistic as possible. But yeah  guess we should all feel foolish for expressing concerns over our current recruiting momentum because Miles projects us to land like 12 top100 kids.We just need a couple leaders to make this "their" class and get the pendulum swinging back in our direction.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

-1 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

So far it seems the fan base is split on Gibson/Wimbush. I want either and throw in Stevens 

+1 HS
jonping67's picture

I agree BuckeyeJ.....I might even take the Indy kid over the other two, but let's see how their senior season finishes.

-1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Split evenly? Nope. It's probably 75% for Gibson.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

TNBuckeye1421's picture

Looking at tape from their Junior years I like Wimbush better. Gibson maybe an overall better athlete, but Wimbush is the better QB. Wimbush still has plenty of speed and shake if he needs it. He throws a better ball and thats what we need to make this offense really takeoff. I sat 10 rows up 50 yard line for the B1G Championship and Braxton missed several throws that would have turned that game around... we need a guy that can sling the rock more than run circles around defenses. We do have Wilson, Elliott, and Samuel to handle that.

+1 HS
HattanBuck85's picture

I actually disagree. Gibson has a MUCH HIGHER ceiling. I wasn't that all impressed with Wimbush's tape. If we don't get Gibson, I hope we can land Nunez or Tommy Stevens.

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

What was the kids name that they compared to R. Wilson? Dude looks like a major player. I think he's in next years class tho. If we get Gibson oh no. and if we get Wimbush oh no. Two very good prospects.

Rare&Uncommon

Woodshed's picture

VERY optimistic IMO.

+2 HS
InTressITrust's picture

But we do not have any top 10 prospects!

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

That's bagman territory...we don't go there.

+4 HS

Gibson,Harris,Hilliard,and Kirk all packaged up together might take Les Wexner himself to bag something up.

weimerad's picture

So miles thinks Clark will choose SCUM over OSU? Interesting since he and Burrell hit it off

KBonay's picture

He was on the fence on this one.  He even stated that Clark could end up here.  I think he was going off who he thought would commit first, leaving the other out.

teddyballgame's picture

Thanks for reminding me how many good players are still out there that we have our hooks in. 

+5 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

Braxton2Devin in cat form:

LEBRON

+8 HS
KBonay's picture

When you swing at a lot more pitches, you are going to miss more.  We can't get everyone.  And remember, just because we may have missed on a guy, ultimately this staff is making connections in far reaching states that the previous staff did not. 

TeddyHeisman's picture

EGW won't be in this class. 

-10 HS
jonping67's picture

Why because of grades or trouble?

irishfury's picture

Thats crazy.  He will for sure be in this class.  Don't make statements like that and don't back them up.  Last I heard Meyer was pumped to have him but he got in a little trouble.

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

Care to share how you know this?

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

My guess would be a joke, or this is one of those things where you say something like this just to be able to say you said so if it comes true later. I think he'll be in and so do most people who know a lot more about it than I do.

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Whatever it is, it seems relatively recent.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

I'm relatively close to the situation and with Thom McDaniels taking over McKinley and urban meyer calling McDaniels by name when discussing coaches he wants his young men to learn from at the hof luncheon I'd be completely shocked if egw wasn't in cbus.

O'Deez330
stark county football

+8 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

New update. Egw got in a fight at school with another student. Tosu staff is aware. McKinley and Thom mcdaniels are reviewing for a possible suspension

O'Deez330
stark county football

+5 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

amazes me how kids see others like them throw golden opportunities away and they just turn a blind eye…would be a shame for him to not end up at OSU, but it'll be his own fault if thats the case.

Kids fight. It's not that big of a deal.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
TeddyHeisman's picture

"This is one of those things where you say something like this just to be able to say you said so if it comes true later."

lolz 

-1 HS
ronbizi's picture

I wouldn't pat yourself too hard on your back.  You've said clown bs before  (specifically that Torrance Gibson committed to Tennessee).  It was understandable to question your comment.  Nice call on the update, but it would have been more believable if you had a source than taking your word for it.  Especially based on past history.

+3 HS
Crimson's picture

Did he get in trouble again?  Was the previous thing bigger than we know?  Are you BassDropper?

+6 HS

That Teddy there is a hater that tries to make teddyballgame look bad. Ignore it or look foolish.

-1 HS
route4buckeye's picture

Teddy knows what he is talking about...

-4 HS
Sweetbuckeye's picture

Teddy usually knows what he's talking about.  I'd listen,  

-1 HS

Which Teddy knows what he is talking about?

-2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

What?  You mean we're not going to finish with a 2-recruit class?  I thought James Franklin would get our other 20 too. 

+2 HS
unga's picture

I read that Gibson & Kirk were talking about going here cause Gibson likes his receiving ability.  Also that both have talked to Harris to make it a threesome coming here

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

That group would rival last years haul…Im not worried, Urban knows is shit. Just would be nice to feel like we are getting some momentum to help get through the time between now and kick off.

-1 HS
buckeyestu's picture

Very nice list by Miles. I would bet by signing day that Urban will be wishing he had more space, which is why I am not worried about the slow start.

Vinginia_Buckeye's picture

A lot of extremely talented young men on that list! that would be awesome to pull them all, but there's no way this list is what we will have come NSD. With that said, i honestly think we have a great shot at pulling "the big 3" of this class offensively (meaning Gibson, Kirk, and Harris). GO BUCKS!

" I'm a Buckeye "

TeddyHeisman's picture

Remember that time you guys called me a liar? 

-10 HS
OSU069's picture

No one called you a liar. You made a very broad and relatively surprising statement and provided no other explanation. It makes sense why people would be skeptical.

+4 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Was that the last time you tried to troll by saying Gibson committed to Tennessee?

I doubt it's a coincidence that also happens to be the last time you posted on the board.

+5 HS
TeddyHeisman's picture

Oh man, I am so embarrassed right now :( 

+2 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

For your act of penance you shall sing ten Hang on Sloopys & recite Beautiful Ohio five times.

route4buckeye's picture

It's okay Teddy. I got crucified for saying that the staff wasn't that high on Gonzalez and wouldn't accept his commitment. When it was (confirmed) by Jordan and Birm... crickets

-3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Wow, if the EGW is true, it continues a pretty crappy 2014...what's the last piece of good news we got? I guess Miller returning for his senior season?

Hopefully they'll get some positive momentum going soon.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+2 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

He def got in a fight that's true. The fact that McKinley is reviewing the tape is a big positive. If it was just thuggery he'd be suspended expelled asap. If McDaniel vouches for him n the tape is kind (see carlos hyde) I think he'll still be a buckeye. Kid still is a beast on the field

O'Deez330
stark county football

+1 HS
oregonianbuckeye's picture

Guys, I really thought Superman did not have this sort of criminal record. #innocencelost

TeddyHeisman's picture

He didn't do so well in the fight, btw. 

-1 HS

Really? PULL HIS SCHOLARSHIP!!!!

+1 HS
oregonianbuckeye's picture

Kryptonite is a bitch. 

+1 HS

Lex Luthor strikes again.

hit_the_couch's picture

The best part is the scholly reductions are over and so is proby.

And then I told her...i'm no weatherman, but tonight's forecast is calling for several inches!