Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Were do we FINISH?

WhySoSerious's picture
April 20, 2014 at 5:26pm
29 Comments

Simple, with all the doubts about us in recruiting lately and im not speaking for everyone including myself. Were do we finish? Top 3, top 5, top 10, top 20 so on and so on. With all the crying going on, I just wanna know how many people see us not having a top 10 class. This should be fun.

MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

I think we will no doubt finish in the top 10 and would not be surprised to have a top 5 class.  It's unfortunately coincidental that a lot of the targets this year are one's that look to ride out the process a little longer, but I'm not too worried at this point.

WhySoSerious's picture

Left field bro way left field.. Lol

edit maybe right field.

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Top 20 minimum just off the strength of the brand. I'll guess between 5-10 with a shit ton of excitement at the end.Just last year LSU had four or five 5* kids about to pick them in January. It sucks to be behind the 8ball early but its going to make for a downright thrilling photo finish.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+2 HS
bucknasty13's picture

Spelling class...just kidding...probably around 5

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Top 3 

Number 1 in the B1G - once the dusts settles

+2 HS

I feel like you just wrote out the resume of our upcoming season right before we enter the first playoff.

Seattle Linga's picture

Don't really follow your train of thought but I was just giving my opinion of our upcoming recruiting class. Did I miss your point, because I have been known not to be the sharpest tool in the shed at times.

+1 HS

Yea was just kind of joking that heading into the end of the year we finish in the top 3 and once the dust settles we would be #1 in the B1G in actual football instead of recruiting. My bad Im the one with the wondering mind I just seen what you wrote and thought damn Id  like our season to look like that fuck the recruiting class. Wasn't you it was me.

Seattle Linga's picture

No worries - It's all good!

I'd just like to think we are going to be just fine by the time NSD comes around in 2015. 

WhySoSerious's picture

We definelty will be! I don't get all the panicking.. I can understand why many wonder what's going on with only having two commits, but until a February comes rolling around and we're not in the top ten then I might be a lil concerned. Until then why stress over something us fans have no control over. Must be patient let's enjoy another year of Ohio State Football. We have talent just like they do, they lose just like we lose. But consecutive top 3 finishes are a win my book every day of the week. 

Rare&Uncommon

tdible2132's picture

#4 on ESPN, #3 on Rivals, #2 on Scout, #3 on 247 Composite

+2 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

I think you meant #14 on ESPN, because you know that they artificially drop the rankings of anyone we get...

+2 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

I used to think this line of thinking was just "sour grapes" on the part of us Buckeye fans, but after Terry McLaurin straighted murdered their SPARQ combine last year and his needle barely moved, it became evident to me that this was indeed the case.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

teddyballgame's picture

Ricky Town is now ranked  #92 in the new ESPN 300. I wonder where he was ranked before he decommited from Bama and committed to USC... Just shows how incredibly biased and what a joke their recruiting rankings are.

I bet more than 50% of the 2015 ESPN 300 recruits are from $ECland.  If you're from the SEC region or commit to one of their schools then ESPN seems to think more highly of you based on that fact alone.  I mean, I guess it's only logical that they're going to keep going with the whole  "SEC "dominance" narrative though, considering the $$$ they're making from it.  The bottom line is that they're biased and want people to believe that the SEC has the monopoly on football skill and talent so you don't even think to tune in and catch a B1G game.  Just turn on E$PN and watch their SEC games to see the "real football".  Wasn't Ben Edwards a 3 star while committed to OSU?  Flip to Auburn and all of a sudden he's 4 star.

WhySoSerious's picture

Yes that's pretty out there considering he a top 10 prospect on all other websites. #wegottatakethemout. Sec that is.

Rare&Uncommon

Silver Bullet 10's picture

I am a moron, i think. I just went on a recruiting rant yesterday, but i just predicted we land a top 10 class. Oh well, Urban would be proud. cant get complacent.

-1 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

Top 10 at worst, possibly top 5. I find it humorous that everyone is losing their minds in April. I don't get really worried about recruiting until about midway through the season. Things could shake out differently if we are 9-0 and PSU is 4-5 at that point. Momentum is huge in recruiting IMO, and freaking out over 9 months away from signing day is just a fools errand. So Ben Edwards decided to commit to Auburn. Most of us knew he was an early commit and it seemed a bit soon at the time.  That should have been the writing on the wall. If we kept him, great, but we knew he wasn't a lock, we were his flavor of the month.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Consensus top 5 class again. 

I think we'll also flip 1 from PSU (Gonzalez, Barajas, McLean, or another yet to be determined).

+1 HS
jonping67's picture

Top 5 and probably top 3.....Did anyone catch Mark Pantoni's Tweet after Bama blew it up yesterday? This pretty much says it all and he's on the inside.

+1 HS
osu407's picture

Top 2 in everything but espn which has us at 15

+6 HS
HilltopHustle's picture

Top 2? So, you're saying #2, right? Because there's no way anybody's passing Alabama ever again in this class.

HilltopHustle's picture

Top 5 best case, no less than 10. If we take 20+ we'll be #1 in the conference, but we need to be aware that this COULD be a smaller class, and if so, God help us having to deal with the outcry of not being #1 in the B1G because we simply don't have the room.

MikeNugents BigToe's picture

Top 5, BUT we move to Top 3 after we hang 60 on Penn State, at Penn State and Franklin's Crew goes home crying. Also, we flip a few recruits in the process. Feel free to check back on this comment 10.25.14

"Remember that 55 yarder against Marshall?" -Not Mike Nugent

+1 HS
HattanBuck85's picture

Top 8. We need to get a Top 10 QB, Top 10 TE and a top tiered Split End. Also have to replenish the D-Line (w/ Bennett, S. Miller, Frazier & most likely Spence leaving early). 

I am one of the few who is enjoying our slow start. Hear me out: I think offering kids this early can really backfire. I would like to see kids in their senior season stepping up and making sure we get it right in regards to our scouting, not to mention seeing kids in person during camps. Also, there are going to be a lot of coaching changes this offseason. I, for one, don't take any of the Florida commits as locked in because I think MUSCHUMP is gonna get fired (cue Bianchi blaming Urban for leaving the cupboard empty). People like the DB Lewis will be back on the market eventually. Also, the play on the field is going to play a factor. Give Tennessee another leave of sucking big time in the $EC this year and I think many of the recruits are gonna back off the UT bandwagon. Finally, we just need to win. A trip to the Playoffs and/or Championship game will get a lot of the top recruits attention. 

We're in the bottom of the 2nd inning, 7 more to go.

In Urban We Trust! Go Buckeyes! Beat TTUN!

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Woody Hayes

Run_Fido_Run's picture

Time is running out on this class! I don't see how they can possibly salvage things, so I predict that they'll finish with about a composite class rating of 37th, and 52nd according to espn.

+1 HS