Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

2016 top 247-Ohio players (want some staff input)

0 HS
GetBuckedUp's picture
April 16, 2014 at 10:24pm
15 Comments

I know I know, 2015 isn't anywhere near done and here I am talking about 2016. Well, it's because 247 released the top 247 for 2016 and Ohio came in with 12 kids. All these kids are rated 4 star and above, with 2 of them being 5 stars.

I honestly just wanted to get some input from anyone including staff on how the Buckeyes are looking with these kids, early impressions, and the likelihood that they do become part of our 2016 class. Maybe make a little fun of it and take some bets on who commits first to Urban. Going to be a good year for Urban to hopefully keep that fence up and keep the top Ohio kids in state.

5* OT Liam Eichenberg- Offered- 86% Crystal ball OSU
5* OT Tommy Kraemer-Offered (Elder stand up, Altiora!) Buckeyes named early leader
4* ATH Brendan Ferns- No Offer- 50/50 Crystal ball for PSU/WVU
4 SDE Prince Sammons- No Offer-100% Mich. crystal ball
4* WR Justin Layne-  No Offer- 67% CB OSU

4* OLB Ethan Tucky-No Offer- 100% OSU CB
4* WDE Jonathan Cooper- No Offer- 100 OSU CB
4* OLB Zach Sandwisch- No Offer
4* TE Jake Hausmann-No Offer
4* ATH Tyrece Speaight- No Offer- 100% OSU CB
4* PRO QB Messiah DeWeaver-No Offer
4* TE Luke Farrell-No offer

With obviously with Urban liking to go after national guys too, its probably expected not all of these kids become Buckeyes.

If you want to check out the top 247 here's the link. If you want to get to state rankings, just press it up at the top of the page. http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool
Btw, this is a great year for the big guys on the line. DL/OT has a plethora of talent.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments