Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

rosycheeks's picture

I was like, "Who is Malik Solid? And how did they get another 5-star DE?"

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

Malik is solid to msu but is his mom? :)

O-H!

+1 HS
GoBucksOSU's picture

No surprise to me. Despite problems with his mom, I saw no chance he would go anywhere but MSU.

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

this McDowell thing needs to end…

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

This crap needs to end now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 HS
BiElEmAsDoUbLeChIn's picture

At this point I really dont want him on the bucks anymore...Bank the scholly for 2015...OSU already steamrolling for the "Fantasy 15"...huh yeah watcha think! lol!

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

I have committed to fat tire.Waiting on wifes approval.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+4 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

No surprises here.

PittBuckeye's picture

Malik has always been solid there, we're still waiting on his mom.

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I used to get pissed that my mother would drag me out school shopping.

That's a statement with an entirely different meaning for Malik.

+9 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Of course he is solid in his commitment to MSU. Mom will likely not change her mind, so the tragedy is that this has driven a huge wedge in this family. 

mobboss1984's picture

I'm glad he stuck with his committment. I don't think he should come to OSU, not because we don't need him. He's a beast on the field. It's because you don't want a player who's heart is somewhere else. Congrats to him for sticking with his heart. I hope he receives his degree and has a good four years of football. Outside of playing us! Go bucks!

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

+1 HS
Colerain 2004 G.O.A.T.'s picture

Its nice we can all sit around and joke about Maliks situation but I want to openly thank Maliks mother for taking a stand and trying to help her son by separating him from his negative influences. Her and the father were not doing it for all the wrong reason(sec style). I wish more parents would stand up and do everything in their power to steer their children in the right direction.

I speak the truth but I guess that's a foreign language to yall.~~Lil Wayne

+7 HS
BeijingBucks's picture

At least his dad doesn't want him to go to Auburn...

None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license. ~ John Milton

+1 HS
Art Harrell's picture

I have no dog in this fight, but when mother is not happy nobody is happy-good luck to the whole family

Go Bucks

+4 HS
sidz-z's picture

There's really nothing more to see here, if he wanted to be a buckeye he would.  I'm sure he will be a good player at the next level but if he doesn't bleed scarlet and gray then we should just move on.

Good player's make the play's they're suppose to, great player's make the play's they're NOT !!!

buckeyejma's picture

I agree with Z, if a kids heart isn't into Ohio State then that can translate into a bad experience for the Malik and Ohio State. Good luck to the young man in his football career.

Step aside Nick, Urban is the real rock star!

Grande Gustavo's picture

I'm glad he is sticking with his commitment, and I don't want to sound down on the mom because everyone can remember that time their mom took some stand that was humiliating, albiet not on national radio.  I would like to think however that if I had a child who had the ability to compete at a D1 level in any sport, I would be able to swallow my bias and allow them to go wherever I want.

Except to play for those skunk weasels... fuck those guys.

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

+2 HS
HolyBuckeyeOSU's picture

Happy Wife, Happy Life....not sure the saying for Happy Mother? Ha!

Go Buckeyes! 

skid21's picture

I think less of myself for clicking on this link and even less for responding but I have to say...at what point do people just not give a shit? A presentation of a lot drama which was actually never a drama at all. Best to you Malik but seriously? Go to MSU, be happy, have a great life. This should never have gotten the attention it did. Get prepared for similar recruiting/media dramas to follow.

southbay's picture

I keep reading this as "Malik McDowell sold to Michigan State".  As if the whole thing wasn't already sordid enough.

+1 HS