Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

A Cautionary Tale of Nick Saban Retiring and the Impact of Calling for Your Head Coach to Be Fired

+54 HS
Badjuju's picture
January 23, 2024 at 3:56pm
129 Comments

Look at what has happened to Alabama in the wake of Nick Saban hanging up his whistle, 30 players including prominent starters jumped into the portal. The carcass that is Alabama is now a husk of what it used to be. So lets be a little smarter about calling for our head coach to be fired.

While no I am not happy that we have lost three straight years to our rival, I also understand the impact a coaching change would have on decimating our roster. Remember Ryan Day came in before the transfer portal, we still had decommitments from the recruiting class. Now imagine some fans get their wish and Ryan Day is fired because we lost to our rival again.

Do you not understand how detrimental that would be to not only recruiting, but our current roster? Gosh the guy who hasnt even lost 10 games in his coaching career got fired, what coach would want to deal with that? The answer is there is no coach on planet earth that would want to deal with it. Remember before Woody Hayes, Ohio St was known as the graveyard of coaches, do we want to go back to having that moniker?

I mean deep down, really think about it. Really just put what you are asking for into perspective of do you enjoy being a top tier program. If the answer is yes, then look to what has happened to Alabama and realize that a loss to a rival isnt nearly as bad as having your roster pillaged.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 129 Comments