Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Stakes Have Been Raised

-3 HS
KingOfTheGame's picture
January 9, 2024 at 12:52pm
59 Comments

With the events of the previous evening, I now believe the stakes have been raised significantly for Ryan Day and our Buckeyes. Before, I think most fans would be happy with a 2024 season of beating TTUN, winning the Big Ten, and competing in the playoff prior to the TTUN victory last night. Now, until the Buckeyes meet all of those goals PLUS successfully WIN a National Championship, I don't think the consensus will be that Ryan Day and the program is in the position that it should be in to be.  

Yes, TTUN cheated. Yes, the Buckeyes lost by 6 on the road to the national champs. Yes, TTUN loses a ton of talent. And, yes, probably the Bucks will be favored to win The Game next season. BUT, the fact remains that no matter how they got it, TTUN won a national championship and 2014 seems a longer and longer the more season that go by that Ohio State does not. 

Almost all of us know that fan of the other team that will remind you of the fact that they won it all last. They also will tell you about the last 3 games despite the cheating scandal. You will probably even have the popular argument that one should cut Day some slack because the teams he has faced are better than the seven that Urban beat turned around on you to poke holes in that era of dominance. When will this be silenced?

Not until OSU beats TTUN, wins the Big Ten, AND wins it all.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 59 Comments