Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

SEC Dominance Could Be over with PORTAL

+11 HS
ChillicotheBuck's picture
January 2, 2024 at 11:19am
84 Comments

With the new minor league NFL given NCAA (amateur) football is now dead my thoughts are looking at Washingtons and tcun rosters this has to be the start of something new.  I believe the sec dominance will slowly die and enough good teams will find those 4 or 5 missing players in the portal and the landscape of college(NFL-G League) will forever change. 

Roosters are a thing of the past.  NIL and boosters can just pay for extra players that are called walkons.  You can recruit 30 kids a year and take flyers on a guy who could be great or flame out.  With the Wild West style of college football right now there are no rules.  tOSU is behind the times.  Cut throat is what this new game is and cutting players is real.  There is no way bama and georgia can recruit that many more players than us and still be under 85 without this wild west mentality.  We should do the same and I hope we do.

Parity good or bad is going to happen.  Football is driven by having an elite QB.  Unlimited free agency changes everything.  Kudos to Washington and tcun for finding a formula that works.  Great young coaches, players that stay for 4/5 years, real team leaders, great portal players that fill real holes and boosters to pay for those players.

I feel like we are still building a roster the old way.  Please use each method appropriately.  More quality established portal guys (oline road graders/quality tackles please) and less energy chasing southern 5 stars.  Go Bucks.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 84 Comments