Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week's Question: Would You Have Wanted to See Ohio State in a 12-Team Playoff This Season?

George Eisner's picture
January 1, 2024 at 8:00am
47 Comments

Happy New Year, Eleven Warriors!

Are you excited to cheer for a meteor to hit the Rose Bowl tonight? If you're still fuming over the Cotton Bowl, come blow off some steam with This Week's Question:

Would You Have Wanted to See Ohio State in a 12-Team Playoff This Season?

Here's what a 12-team bracket would have looked like for this postseason based on the College Football Playoff rankings released after conference championship week:

In this scenario, you can assume Kyle McCord would have stayed with postseason incentives to play for, or roll the dice with Devin Brown if you so choose.

I'm confident Ohio State would have beaten Penn State a second time, and although Washington is a popular pick to win the current four-team bracket, I imagine the Buckeyes and Huskies would give each other quite a game as well at full strength. Michigan and Alabama on the other side of the bracket would have made OSU's path to a title somewhat easier, and potential a reunion with Quinn Ewers at Texas in the semifinal also would have been a sight to see.

So yes, in spite of the watered-down product fans witnessed last week, I would have cherished the opportunity to watch this team put its best effort forward towards accomplishing its goals. We all chose to do so at the end of each August, anyway.

But what about you? Would you have wanted to see Ohio State in a 12-team playoff this season?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments