Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Hate to Say It, But Justin Frye Needs to Go

+49 HS
teeedawg's picture
December 31, 2023 at 2:55am
138 Comments

Justin Frye is the highest paid OL coach in the country.

These are the player grades from the Michigan game.

Unsurprising to those who watched, our OL was by far the worst unit on the entire team.

For as much as we hold Kyle McCord accountable for his two interceptions, we also have to hold the OL accountable for complete breakdowns on both plays (and countless others).

Frye had a month of bowl practices to prepare our OL for this game after an unacceptable showing against Michigan.

I mean, what in the world is this:

Neutral viewers were marveling at just how terrible the technique was.

Not only are there zero signs of progress - our players are actively getting worse.

Donovan Jackson and Matt Jones have gone from surefire Round 1-3 NFL picks to borderline college starters. Carson Hinzman regressed the entire year, culminating in his Cotton Bowl benching. Josh Simmons and Josh Fryar continue to make mental error after mental error.

Telltale signs of poor coaching.

Not to mention, Frye has frankly been an incredibly lazy recruiter.

Our abysmal O Line is dictating the run and pass plays that we can reasonably call. It's suffocating the entire offense - you can feel it in these games.

You guys know me well, I'm not one for reactionary hot takes or calling for someone's job. In fact, I preached patience with Frye all year long.

Not anymore. We cannot afford to let this guy and his unit ruin another season.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 138 Comments