Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

For Future Reference, No One is Above Criticism

+27 HS
Zeke's Abs's picture
December 30, 2023 at 2:24pm
62 Comments

At the beginning of this year, Kyle McCord looked fairly pedestrian. Some folks on this site called it out, and there were many commenters that shouted down the well-warranted criticisms with replies like "I will never worry about the QB position as long as Ryan Day is here."

I hope all of us can now realize the folly of such a sentiment. No one is above criticism. Ryan Day whiffed when he picked McCord out of high school, and he didn't develop him well over the 3 years he was here. That's the truth, plain and simple. And it's not crazy to say it.

But wait, there's more. Brian Hartline whiffed on the WR class of Grayes, Antwi, Burton, and Brown. Larry Johnson whiffed on DE last cycle and had another down year in this recruiting class. 

This is not a "fire Ryan Day" post. I think Ryan has been good at identifying problems in the program and fixing them. I do think this is a very important off-season for us, though.

The point of this post is that even the best coaches make mistakes and have big misses. And, when in the course of the season, people identify those mistakes, it's absolutely crazy to reply with "well, so-and-so is a good coach, so I will ignore the glaring issues we are having."

P.S. We should have fired Parker Fleming yesterday.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 62 Comments