Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs Mizzou

+12 HS
Large Father's picture
December 27, 2023 at 10:34pm
12 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans, Days, Johnsons and Days,

"I've been playing this game since I was 7 years old. It's the same game; just in a different stadium."

This quote from Devin Brown during a Cotton Bowl interview today made me stop for a moment.  Devin was explaining his reply to his family when they asked if he's nervous to start his first game as Ohio State quarterback on this big stage.  

There's an interesting, innocent confidence in this answer. It makes me think of being a parent volunteer at my kiddos elementary school when my boys were in 1st and 2nd grade. The classroom was excited to participate, many of them eagerly raising their hands to every question, unafraid of lending their voice.  Nearly the entire class was enthusiastic, optimistic and believed they were a star.  Teachers spent more time trying to give room for everyone to join in.   

Does this quote seem out of place in College Football today?  The game today feels very different than even a few years ago when coaches were fired if players sold their memorabilia, athlete payment was a free education, commitments were kept for four years, and not playing in a bowl game wasn't even a consideration.

I have no idea what will happen in the Cotton Bowl this Friday.  So many questions have been continually coming up. Who will play?  Will the new guys taking their first meaningful snaps be ready to play well?  Do they want to be there? Were the coaches able to take a break from transfer discussions and recruiting long enough to prepare for the game?  

After reading Devin's quote, I've decided to put all those questions aside and not worry about the noise distracting me too much recently. 

This Friday, I'm fully cheering for Devin Brown and his Ohio State teammates to take home the Cotton Bowl trophy, and I will already start to get excited for next Buckeye season too. 

Touchdowns:  Carnell Tate, Dallan Hayden, Devin Brown

OSU 24 Mizzou 17

Go Bucks!  Beat Mizzou!  Harry Miller for Heisman!

Large Father

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments