Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

"The Eye in the Sky Don't Lie"

+26 HS
Nils's picture
November 18, 2023 at 6:57am
65 Comments

Has anyone in the media or elsewhere done an analysis of the UM defense from the last 2 years to find examples of when their play was aided by the sign stealing?

Obviously UM broke the rules. Obviously the timing of UM's success pairs perfectly with their rule breaking. But I'm wondering if, for example, it's been examined how UM linebackers reacted to play action in 2022 verses how you would expect a normal (non-cheating) defense to react, especially on third-and-short/fourth-and-short situations.

I see BROHIO doing god's work on here, but I can't help but wonder if there aren't some on-the-field smoking guns we could be turfing up as well.

Some may disagree with me, but part of me thinks I'd feel better about the UM program getting the book thrown at them if we could actually see how their rule breaking impacted game play.

I should also note that while I'm sure the UM offense was aided by know the opposing team's defensive calls, I think that'd be much harder to observed than, say, watching linebackers react to play action.

Edit: genuinely perplexed by the downvotes. Why wouldn't we want to see more evidence of UM's cheating? are we afraid the sign stealing didn't impact the game? I remember when Jomboy dropped his well done video edit of the Astros scandal. It changed everything. Would love to have something like that for UM. Maybe I'll just do it.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 65 Comments