Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Try This Fun Exercise

+4 HS
Gobucks54321's picture
September 16, 2023 at 12:05am
22 Comments

I was traveling on Saturday and had to DVR the OSU/YSU game. Prior to watching, I spent a handful of days reading the comments on 11W and assumed Ohio State Armageddon was upon us. Wow, it is not that bad. Here is what I read and here is what I saw on TV:

Read - Devin Brown is terrible and not athletic 

• Devin Brown had 2 scoring touchdowns albeit they were runs but made some good throws
    • Yes, the one to MH was bad
    • On the runs everyone was up in arms about, he was looking to make the pass which made him look slow

Read - Offensive Line is garbage

• Protected well for the most part which is getting overlooked. 
    • Did see some time where Hintzman got blown up on runs which needs to improve however again young line and I did see more good than bad 

Read - Defense can't get off the field nor get any pressure from the line. 

• One bad series did keep them on the field but these things do happen in the game of football. 7 points did not come from that drive.
  • When there was an obvious pass downs and the lineman could cut loose, they got close. Unfortunately, YSU did not take a lot of shots.

Summary, it's fun to read the comments and think Ohio State will never be good again under Day but then watch the game w/out commercials and realize most people only want perfection to be happy. 

Let's Go Bucks and prove 80% of the 11W group wrong. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments