Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2023 TAILGATE FARE - WEEK 3

+16 HS
osurox's picture
September 14, 2023 at 6:46pm
25 Comments

Good Evening Dubbers!

APOLOGIES! I had a long, hard day's work, full of marketing and bsing clients.... on the golf course! Shot a 92, so can't complain too much (yes, the silver bullets were flowing, and this was basically us today).

Last week we "struggled" with YSU - all you have to do is look at the forums to see the thousands of threads as to why.  Cheer up folks, we are 2-0, and the best part of being 2-0 is being able to go 3-0.

Not going to lie, I know nothing about Western Kentucky, outside of rumors that their WR core is legit. This should be an excellent test for next week's game against  Notre Dame...maybe our D Line will show forms of life, but, it's hard to argue with Day's record, so keep perspective!

This week I tried to come up with a recipe from Kentucky, and luckily my family hails from southern, and I mean southern, KY (were the county bootleggers for decades); so I present to y'all a family recipe with a twist (these aren't from Kentucky, but my Aunt makes these for every gathering we go to, ha): Baked Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls.

Ingredients

• 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
  • 1 cup ranch dressing
  • 1 cup buffalo sauce (Franks works but you can do better)
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 20-22 square egg roll wrappers (easy to find at Kroger etc.)

Cilantro Rach (to serve with, if you like, but recommended)

• 1 cup sour cream
  • half a block of cream cheese
  • 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • juice from 1 lime
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil

Directions

• Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
  • In a bowl, combine the chicken, ranch, buffalo sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, salt/pepper. Stir in the cheeses.
  • To assemble, spoon 2 tablespoons of filling onto each wrapper, in the middle. Brush water around the edges of the wrapper, then roll up and place on the baking sheet. This is not hard but takes a few to get the process down.
  • Once rolled up, brush each roll, all sides, lightly with olive oil.
  • Transfer to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, then flip and cook another 8-10 minutes more, or until the rolls are crisp.
  • Meanwhile, make the ranch. Combine all ingredients in a glass jar and shake or stir until creamy.
  • Serve the egg rolls with plenty of ranch for dipping.

Pro Tips

• For heat, add whatever pepper you want or diced jalapenos to the chicken dip and/or the ranch
  • The time listed may not get the wraps crunchy; use your judgement and pay attention - easy to burn (could also air fry)
  • Sautee onions/ red peppers and add to the chicken mix 
  • Spice it up with salsa for a Mexican flare, or whatever rub you want - tastes good regardless

Wash this down with some Modelo or Tacati! Enjoy, and Go Bucks!

Previous editions of Tailgate Fare

11W Community Tailgate Cookbook

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments