Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Reality Check!?

+39 HS
Smudman's picture
September 14, 2023 at 10:29am
112 Comments

I'm 54. Back in the day..(I can't believe I'm finally saying the 'old man phrase') when Ohio State finally fired Cooper, my stance was as follows: "I don't care if we lose every game, just beat Michigan".  Of course, Tressel accomplished that his first season as the Head Coach. Over the next 2 decades Tressel and then Meyer transformed the Buckeyes into a National Power.  That was much more than I asked for, but gladly accepted.  Today, I feel a little nostalgic.  I don't want to lose every game, but I really want the focus to be beating Michigan. It sucked losing to Georgia last year, but to me it sucked more losing to Michigan. (just my opinion) I'm a Tressel guy, but I loved Urban's words..."Beat your Rival and win the rest of the games". I know that nobody wins every game, forever. Losses will come. I know we will lose games to Michigan.  I can accept all that. I just want the Focus to be Michigan first. Tressel and Meyer emphasized The Game, worked on it every week. With USC and other coming next year the B1G will be even harder to win.  Let's not lose our BEAT MICHIGAN goal. The Cooper years still sting!  Beat Michigan this year, up in The OUT HOUSE!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 112 Comments