Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Defensive Line is the Difference

+4 HS
Norwich2Chittenden's picture
September 12, 2023 at 9:55pm
92 Comments

Buckeye DL’s of yesteryear were scary, especially when playing against lower level teams. When Bosa was leading the charge I didn’t find myself saying: Wow that Mitch Davidson is a really nice player for YSU. Nor did I watch DaQuann Finn make 100,000 ppl gush - as he ran all over the Shoe & put on a show with the Toledo Rockets.

Instead I’d be holding my breath hoping the opposing signal caller got out of the game healthy. Usually I’d be imploring their coach through the tv - get him out of the game before he’s smashed & broken for the season. No reason to get your field general injured in a wk 2 game that you have no chance of winning - just to prove how tough you are. The pounding those guys would endure was uncomfortable to watch at times. 

If you have a chance to compete in the MAC or Missouri Valley Conf, don’t let your guy get suplexed on the Ohio Stadium for 4 qtrs, it’s borderline negligence…. just try get outta there reasonably healthy. That was then.

But now, we’ll we haven’t had a scary defensive front in awhile. There isn’t a punisher, and there isn’t in ominous feeling in the air that the opposing QB is in serious danger. Even lower level teams hold up reasonably well in the pass game without their QB’s going into survival mode.

That’s probably the biggest difference I notice between Urban’s teams & Day’s teams.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 92 Comments