Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

How Our Upcoming Opponents Fared in Week 2

+7 HS
Fight'nBuckeyeHilltopper's picture
September 9, 2023 at 11:46pm
30 Comments

Ohio State has got a tough stretch of schedule coming up so let's see how our upcoming opponents preformed in Week 2 starting with Western Kentucky.

Western Kentucky: vs Houston Christian (52-22)

• The Hilltoppers got off to a fantastic start scoring 21 unanswered points in the 1st quarter. However, HCU (formerly HBU) has been a pretty bad fcs program as of recent, so it is difficult to get an accurate rating of Western Kentucky's offensive potential.

Notre Dame: vs NC State (45-24)

• After a weather delay Notre Dame was off to the races building up their 7-0 score. The Fighting Irish are certainly a tough team with Hartman at the helm,  beating NC State like that is certainly a good win.

Maryland: vs Charlotte (20-38)

• Maryland certainly struggled with only an 18 point win; with most of the deficit being built up in garbage time. I am certainly feeling a bit better about the Terps but they may have just been looking ahead to Virginia.

Purdue: vs Virginia Tech (24-17)

• Purdue is always a tough away game no matter the quality of the boilermaker team. However, at face value the boilermakers have certainly been struggling recently. Only beating bad VT by a touchdown is certainly not a good look.

Penn State: vs Delaware (63-7)

• In my opinion Penn State is Ohio States toughest road challenge before Michigan. As you know Beaver Stadium is a tough environment to play in and the Nittany Lions look darn good. Obviously Delaware is an FCS school but they are one of the better ones and a win like this from PSU is certainly no joke.

Anyways, those are just my thoughts on how our upcoming opponents played in Week 2, hopefully we can get through this rough stretch unscathed. Go Buckeyes! O-H!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments