Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Missing Pass Rush

+22 HS
Buckeye71's picture
September 9, 2023 at 4:55pm
111 Comments

There's been a lot of talk about our oline play, but what about our pass rush? Keep in mind we've played IU and YSU, and we still barely got to the QB. Today we rushed 5 men - a lot, and even 6. That is supposed to lead to sacks. So what is going to happen when we come up against good QBs and good passing attacks? I love what our defensive backfield looks likethis year. But every defense can be picked apart if the QB has enough time. Looks to me like JT has not taken another step forward, and Sawyer has taken a step - backwards.

I know a lot of people here don't watch TTUN as a matter of principle. But let me tell you that last week McCarthy started with a drop and then hit something like 15 in a row. I think he was 16-18 in the first half. Good? Yeah. Well he just finished the first half today 17-18. Almost all of his passes in 6 quarters have been perfect, not just complete but right where they need to be, So how will we fare against that if we can't put any pressure on. 

You guys think we can turn this around and find a way to get more saciks?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 111 Comments