Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Which "Non-Starter" Will Make The Biggest Impact This Season?

+7 HS
nafimafi's picture
July 15, 2023 at 4:21pm
22 Comments

every year we see a depth piece in this program really make his mark on the season, even if they never end up starting. Dallan Hayden was a perfect example of that last season, as was Xavier Johnson. So my question is, who do you see making this same type of impact this year.. but, for whatever reason, probably will not be a full time starter?

For the offense I predict Carnell Tate, just to deviate from the conversation of RBs. He obviously willl not start at the beginning of the year, nor do I expect him to start over Fleming at the end of year, but I do expect him to be the 4th WR option and really test opposing defenses. He has something special.

For the defense I predict Kenyatta Jackson, with Tywone right behind him. Malone is way too talented to not get a heavy percentage of plays, even if he is behind the top 3. I think he will have an opportunity to flash during rotations, and I think Kenyatta is the most talented edge on the team. He will make his presence known.

I will say, we have some really good depth at basically every position now, it wouldnt surprise me if any one of: Ballard, Tate, Hicks, Stokes, Grayes, Malone, Kenyatta, Hancock, Jyaire, Hayden, Chip make a major impact.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments