Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2023 Team Expectations

+14 HS
STLBuckeye11's picture
January 1, 2023 at 10:53am
95 Comments

The last time Ohio State lost the final two games of the season, they won it all the next year. So let’s break it down:

QB: Either McCord or Brown will win the job. There will obviously be growing pains but I think this will still be a position of strength next year. My guess is that McCord wins the job.

RB: Henderson, Pryor, and Hayden. This will be a very strong position but needs to find a way to stay much healthier.

WR: Same starting 3 with some crazy talented freshman coming too. This will again be the strongest position on the team and should make the QB transition easier.

TE: Maybe Stover, if not it will be a collection of unproven but talented guys. 
OL: This is the make it or break it group. They lose Johnson and the Jones two. Wypler should be back and Jackson is definitely back. Fryar likely takes a spot. Vemahi likely takes a spot. I have a feeling Jackson bumps out to tackle and then there are major questions about who takes the second guard spot. This is the position group that will determine the ceiling of this team. We will learn a lot about how good the position coach is next year with what he does with this group.

DL: Stacked on the edges with Jack and JT. Hopefully get some production out of guys like Kenyatta and Obor next year for depth. Interior should be anchored by Williams, Hall and Hamilton. Would like to see Hero get on the field for his size.

LB: Chamber is for sure back. We will see on Eich. Gotta think Hicks and Powers start seeing the field some next year as well. No concerns with the position group even if Eich leaves.

CB: Burke, Johnson and Hancock. Johnson and Hancock need to have a big jump this year. I suspect both true freshman gets looks next as well as Jyaire. This is the group that will determine the defense’s ceiling next year.

S: Deep but lacking some experience. Ransom should be back. Get Styles on the field full time. I have no interest in seeing Martinez back there again. Stokes will likely get some play as well.

ST: Mirco will be back punting. Kicker is open. We will see which of the 17 kickers ends up winning the job.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 95 Comments