Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

"I'm Freaking out Man..." "You Are Freaking Out... Man"

+24 HS
UrbanLegend419's picture
December 24, 2022 at 5:30am
65 Comments

Alright so I think a lot of us need to step back off the ledge here. We have this whole the sky is falling aura going on because well let's face it we have to wait 5 weeks as a fan base to hopefully wash the taste of a loss out of our mouths. It may be a little worse this year because... Well... Ttun. But we do this every year, whenever we lose. Alas Virginia Tech the year we won the natty. We beat Georgia and ttun everything will be right as rain.

Now suddenly we're all losing it over the recruiting class we did or didn't have. Take a moment to look at the fact that yes we don't have multiple 5 stars. But we have one 3 star! One, singular, uno! Every other recruit is a 4 star. When's the last time that's happened? Also as our hosts here at Eleven Warriors were graciously trying to tell us, we have the 3rd individual ranked strength of each prospect in the nation. Which puts us right where we typically are since the days of Urban. Do you guys remember a number 1 class here in the last 20 years, maybe ever... I'll wait.

Now thirdly this NIL thing. There was absolutely no way to put regulations on something that had never taken place before. Look at virtually anything brand new and it's a constant of amending rules and regulations. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good. So they dished out this "new idea" and said now let's give it 3 to 5 years to just do it's thing and go crazy! See what all can come of this concept. Then we'll know what we have to do to regulate it. We have new divisions, new teams coming to the big ten. A new playoff system. The days of ESPN are over as far as Ohio state, ttun, penn state, USC, UCLA, etc are concerned. The college football landscape is changing all at once very quickly. NIL will be regulated and enforced once they know what to regulate. Then we play by the rules and we don't lose a step. It's a brief moment in the grand scheme of things.

Fourthly we got kids coming on here that know the standard, and they want to be Buckeyes. They know what is expected here, and chose it. These other kids being bought by schools, it's who had the biggest bag of cash. Do they really know anything about the school that gave it. We get good and acclimated to the transfer portal we end up with half these kids in a year or two readily available to us anyways. So why dish out the money to these kids now, when they transfer like there's no tomorrow. Like Day says this all looks well and good now. But how sustainable is it for 5 years from now. I'm sorry but wherever the other schools are getting this money from, might slow down when these "donors" start seeing their hard earned cash turned into a 5 star playing for the rival school in a year.

Overall there's just a lot of brand new happening right now. People don't like change, but that's what it is, is change. It may not be a bad thing either. But rest assured we aren't going to fall off anytime soon. We'll figure it out like we do and honestly the way we handle it we may be sitting ahead of the curve in a few years. It's like Tom Brady's "Well Maybe" story. We just won't know until it happens if it's good or bad. I just wanted to take sometime to reassure that the sky isn't falling and we are in a great spot right now as a program. Hell we're one of 4 teams out of 126 or something with a chance at a National Title this year!!! We should be damn proud of our team. And If we win it, watch how fast this storm cloud lifts! We're Buckeyes, we expect perfection I get it. Myself included. But things aren't always as bad as they seem. Beat Georgia!!! Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 65 Comments