Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I Really Like Ryan Day but He Has 362 Days to Save His Job

+6 HS
YeaOhio's picture
November 28, 2022 at 9:51am
14 Comments

After I've had some time to calm down and stop with the knee-jerk stuff, Its painfully obvious that 2023 in Ann Arbor is make or break for Ryan Day. I really like him as a person and thing he's a good football coach. Although I was bummed when Urban stepped down, I thought we were in good hands, especially with Meyer's blessing.

To be fair, Tressel & Meyer beat a lot of not-so- great Michigan teams; I'm well-aware that Michigan has stepped up and elevated their program as of late. I'm aware that losing a hard fought game isn't a reason to fire someone. Sometimes that's just how it goes (hell, Harbaugh started 0-5 against us but our standards should be higher). For me, and should be for you, it should be HOW they lost. We had EVERYTHING on our side- motivation, returning elite players, at home, revenge factor, even the weather couldn't have been better...and we blew it, not a last minute field goal, we got depantsed by a total goofball weirdo who eats his boogers and lies about it. Losing to Michigan is unacceptable, even once. Last year they reset the rivalry and provided a wake up call. This year is a 5-alarm fire. There is ZERO excuse for the embarrassment on Saturday. A lot of players didn't execute and I get that...but they completely folded when they faced adversity. You didn't see that when they were down 14-0 at the Big House in 2017.  We had all the of-field momentum anyone could ask for and shit down our leg. 

I don't even care that Day is what, 42-5? He isn't here to beat Rutgers, Toledo and Indiana by 6 touchdowns. He is here to BEAT MICHIGAN. To me, 9-3 with losses to Penn State, Wisconsin & Michigan State is FAAAARRR more acceptable than 11-1 with a loss to Michigan. 2 in a row is a nightmare but 3 in a row is firable. I'd rather have another 31-0 bowl loss or a random bed-shitting to a mediocre Big Ten West team like Iowa or Purdue as long as we beat Michigan. They may accept 8 consecutive losses in Ann Arbor but not down here. 2 is too many. Ryan Day has 362 days to save his job. Clock is ticking.

The "born on 3rd base" comments last year pissed me off...but was he wrong? When Desmond Howard said we struggle when we play a team with a pulse, was he wrong?

If you don't beat Michigan, nothing matters-its a wasted season.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 14 Comments