Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2023 Expectations

+6 HS
grahamkamp's picture
November 27, 2022 at 3:54pm
93 Comments

Tried to take some time before jumping on to the message boards. But my opinions just haven’t really changed. I have almost no confidence in us to roll into Ann Arbor next year with a first year QB and win. But that’s not the only issue, take a look at the schedule a year from now. 

First three games, at Indiana, Youngstown State, and Western Kentucky. 3-0. Easy wins

Next three, AT NOTRE DAME, (BYE), Maryland, at Purdue. That’s a sneaky tough stretch… Notre Dame in year 2 under Freeman is going to be very tough. It’s really hard to win both games of a home and home. Maryland and Purdue are nothing special, but both offenses are always lethal enough to pose a threat. Best case scenario 6-0, worst case 5-1.

Next Three, PENN STATE, AT WISCONSIN, at Rutgers. Boy that 5 game stretch from MD to Wisconsin is tough. Fickell has the talent with those boys in Madison to win immediately. That will be a tough game. James Franklin is still James Franklin, but they’ll play hard. Best case scenario 9-0, worst case 7-2.

We head into the final stretch of the season, Michigan State, Minnesota, AT TTUN. Have to assume we will win the first 2, but very likely lose the third. Who knows, maybe Minnesota catches us looking ahead to TTUN. But I doubt it. Best Case 11-1. Worst case 9-3.

Whatever you wanna say, next year is gonna be tough, this program is headed down the wrong path right now and there are plenty of tests next year. I’m expecting a disappointing 10-2 season with losses at Wisconsin and at TTUN. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 93 Comments