Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Can You Name a Team That Can Run the Football with Less QB Run Threat Than Ohio State?

-8 HS
whalewars's picture
November 5, 2022 at 8:09pm
49 Comments

We know what happened the last two times bad weather impacted the passing game, we have to get better at running the ball.

Are we telegraphing our run plays? Do we have a tell? Is Stroud holding his breath before the snap on run plays? Or, are teams just assuming that we will run East/West to the short side of the field on every third and short situation? What happened to the “school bus” sized holes that Dobbins used to run through? What happened to plowing ahead for 2-3 yards when there is nothing there? I know we no longer have Trey Sermon to jump over them mountains there, but, come on. 

I think that the problem with the running game, aside from poor blocking, is that there has been zero QB run threat for the past two years. No, I don’t want to see Stroud running a lot, but, the game today sure seemed to change when the threat was introduced. 

What team can run the ball consistently with zero QB run threat? Maybe Michigan, but McCarthy runs. Georgia? Even Stetson Bennett ran one in today. Is the only way to fix our running game at this point to have some semblance of a QB run threat? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 49 Comments