Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Winning Every Game by Double Figures

+7 HS
awesomebucks's picture
November 5, 2022 at 7:49pm
47 Comments

Before the season all the preseason so called experts said Ohio state would win every game by double figures.

I thought that was excellent but knew from past history that it would definitely be a rare thing to go through the season shipping everyone’s best by a large margin regardless of injuries or off games where they didn’t bring it or flukey turnovers.

what I have seen from playcalling this stretch is a team who is resting some injured players (quite a few) and not showing much to an end of the league scheduled (turd) opponent.

today was exasperating but big picture-wise it was against a team they knew they’d beat without being exotic playcalling. They did not show much and still remained undefeated. 

when they wanted to run and used their best formation for running they easily mauled nw.

day went to their power run formation just a handful of times and they dominated those plays. Not using it on 4th down for example was surprising. Maybe Day is trying his version of working the run game. I sure hope so because I only know for sure he did not believe ever they were going to lose.

maybe he’s playing the long game maybe he’s not. When he brings in fryar as an extra tackle at end and puts a tight end in backfield nobody has stopped them all year. What that play does is minimally equalize blockers against defenders. 

I refuse to believe day can be missing how hard it is to run from a one back backfield against a 8 and 9 man box with his regular formation. Any offensive line can only block so many. What you’ve seen against mismatched teams for weeks now is them trying to run against too many in the box.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments