Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Coaching Nitpick on Potential Overturned Replays.

+8 HS
BuckShotGinn's picture
October 30, 2022 at 12:48pm
27 Comments

One of my minor complaints of Day is that he never seems interested in challenging obvious overturned replays or preventing overturns that might hurt us .  They seemed to be rushing for the next play after it was obvious that Williams ran in the TD. They should have let the time tick down and call a timeout if needed.  It was fortunate that the officials called it in time. I would hope there is a system in place where a player can emphatically signal to the coaches that it was an obvious bad call.

But I see the coaches mismanaging these situations more often than not. On multiple occasions, I noticed when an offensive play on our part or ruled catch is questionable, we don't seem to rush a next play and that has burned us a couple of times with a loss of downs. 

I may be reading too much into this but it seems we aren't as mindful as other teams when it comes to this.

Also throwing in this, I think the clock management at the end of the 1st half wasn't as bad as others make it, it was just that CJ needed to throw that ball out of bounds immediately after his first read wasn't open to preserve a second for a FG.  6 seconds should have been enough.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments