Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Care/Don't Care: 3 Things After Iowa

+6 HS
milhouse4588's picture
October 22, 2022 at 11:59pm
21 Comments

Care: Eichenberg's All-American campaign

If he isn't in the All-American conversation it's a travesty. He is the MVP of one of the top teams in the country (outside of Stroud by default because of his position). He is consistent to an incredible degree on a weekly basis and stepped it up this week with the Pcik 6. He's the most impactful LB we've had in years.

Don't Care: Iowa's entire offense.

We knew they were bad. Maybe historically? Well the played worse. Our defense is very good this year but even that didn't lead me to believe the Iowa offense would look this bad. There was literally zero risk to this game because of how bad they are. Their best play was a pass interference call that shouldn't have been called. Woof.

Care: Marvin Harrison as the best receiver in America.

Yes, this is slight hyperbole. But his ability to make the tough catch, separate, and physical attributes are as close to the top in college football as I've seen. He won't have the top stats due to the talent on our team but the fact he's so young and doing the things he does is unbelievable.

Don't Care: Stroud Heisman

Whether he wins it or not, he's one of the best in the country, if not the best. He could have pulled it and carried for a couple dozen yards tonight but he settled in and made the throws we all expect. We're witnessing something spectacular and should all enjoy it.

Care: Red Zone running struggles/Day reliance on pass

I'm not sure if the game simply dictated it or what, but we pass the ball with an alarming willingness inside the ten yard line. This won't matter against 99% of teams but could bite us in the postseason. It may end up being moot as our receivers are good enough to always succeed in this situation, but I want to see us pound the rock in that situation more.

Dont care: our score vs Iowa compared to Michigan's

Two completely different teams with completely different styles of offense. Michigan did what they wanted on the ground against Iowa and their style of play lends itself to lower scoring games. I do believe we are the better team but using the two scores as a metric is a a faulty metric when it stands alone. We didn't the run the ball for shit against Iowa and Michigan had plenty of success doing that.

The Michigan game is going to be TOUGH. they are very very good at what they do and they are a team with a slightly worse defense than Iowa but an significantly better, if not kind of one dimensional, offense. That game could end up being a 42-35 kind of game.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments